Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/7/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Florida Career College is seeking applications for the position of Dean of Nursing. We require an experienced administrator who possesses superior analytical, educational and people skills that will enhance a student-centered learning environment. This is an academic managerial position reporting to the Vice President of Education. This position is responsible for the administration, management, and daily operations of an RN Associate Degree Program and a planned RN to BSN degree.
The Dean of Nursing will lead and direct all educational activities in the Nursing Program system wide including, but not limited to:
• Establishing and maintaining the School of Nursing's reputation.
• Oversight of academic curriculum, and student outcomes.
• Oversight of collaborative and professional relationships within the clinical, academic, health care and general communities.
• Ensuring all accreditation standards are met and maintained.
• Ensuring the requirements mandated by Boards of Nursing are met.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Preparing reports needed for the Board of Nursing and accreditation agencies
• Reviewing and revising college catalog pertaining to the nursing programs each year
• Completing the assessment process to develop, promote and evaluate program goals and objectives
• Orienting, guiding, assigning, and evaluating all nursing department faculty/staff
• Providing opportunities for in-service and conference attendance
The ideal candidate will have experience ensuring that student outcomes provide for a high licensure passing rate (Goal: 90%).
The Dean will also serve as Chair of Nursing for a local Campus allowing this position to be housed in Kendall, Lauderdale Lakes or Boynton Beach, FL.
• Master’s degree in Nursing required; Doctorate preferred.
• Current, valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida.
• Actively employed in nursing education in the past five years, preferably as a Chair, Dean, or Program Director.
• Five years of varied nursing experience after graduation from a nursing education
Please send CV and letter of interest via e-mail to:
Thomas Ayers, Ph.D.
Vice President of Education
Drug Free Work Place/EOE
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.