Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/27/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
As an integral member of the Division of Student Services, the Assistant Director of Residence Life for Housing Operations strives to create a fair and just community by promoting student responsibility, accountability and ethical decision making in accordance with the University’s Core Values and QEP – Quality Enhancement Plan. The Assistant Director of Residence Life for Housing Operations intentionally fosters a safe, collaborative, and inclusive living community that promotes students’ academic and personal growth. This position is a live-on position with a furnished apartment and meal plan.
- Primary responsibility for housing assignments process
- Train professional and student staff on housing assignments system, roles and responsibilities
- Perform administrative responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Check-in and check-out of new/returning students
- Coordinate residence hall opening and closings
- Facilitate room changes and room selection process
- Assist with the selection and training of student staff
- Develop a housing occupancy and operations manual
- Foster positive working relationships and serve as a liaison with Campus Safety, Student Activities, Counseling Services and other University and community offices and organizations
- Directly supervise graduate intern(s) and ACUHO-I intern(s)
- Act as Administrative Hearing Officer for University Code of Conduct
- Provide leadership and direction to students through individual conferences, programs, and interactions with students in and out of the Residence Life Office
- Assist with completing the day-to-day operations of the Residence Life Office
- Increase presence and marketing of Living Learning Communities
- Improve marketing efforts of the Office of Residence Life
- Serve in the on-call rotation for crisis response on-campus
- Represent the Office of Residence Life on pertinent committees, task forces and projects
- Utilize effective inter/intra-office communication
- Foster community development within the Residence Halls
- Support the University’s mission and values as contributing member of the community
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience with higher education administration. Excellent administrative and customer service skills. Ability to meet strict deadlines, prioritize tasks and work independently and as a team-member. Strong organizational, communication and writing skills. Ability to effectively present information to large groups of people. Ability to analyze complex situations and to make sound judgments and decisions. Strong computer skills.
Master’s degree in Higher Education or related field from a regionally accredited college or university. Graduate or professional Residence Life/Housing Operations employment/assistantship experience required.
Two to three years of professional experience in Residence Life. Experience adjudicating alleged violations of University policy. Knowledge of Symplicity software (RESIDENCE, Judicial Access Management System).
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.