Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/6/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the supervision of the Director, Career Development Center (CDC), the Coordinator- Employer Relations will: assist with managing, planning, and organizing assigned projects such as career fairs, events and employer hosting on campus; manage assigned budget expenditures to meet fiscal objectives; initiate contact with prospective employers to market and coordinate participation in career fairs, employer interviews, information sessions, classroom presentations; Assist with marketing of career fairs to meet the identified needs of relevant stakeholders (e.g. students, employers, as well as UVU faculty, staff and administrators).
Essential Functiona, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Network with existing employers and recruit new employers to promote CDC services and UVU students and graduates, ensuring a broad spectrum of jobs and careers are available to our students.
- Oversee assigned projects as well as staff assigned to those projects.
- Partner with career counselors in visiting school specific employers that have opportunities for job shadowing, internships or field excursions. Increase employer relationships each year, expanding opportunities available to students for jobs and careers.
- Share leads with Internship Services for employers wanting to establish internships
- Responsible for authorizing new employers on campus and job board.
- Manage existing employers ensuring that they comply with recruiting policies, ending negative relationships when required.
- Manage UV Job Board new employer registrations, scheduling of information and interview sessions, posting recruiting events, updating announcements with a goal of an annual 10% increase.
- Manage the on-campus recruiting days as well as the Spring and Fall Career Fairs with assistance of Employer Relations Assistant and assigned Career Counselor and other staff, ensuring that we have successful events providing great career and internship opportunities for students.
- Maintain and manage employer databases, and coordinate database searches as requested and prepares various routine reports, as requested.
- Develop and manage financial budget of monies collected from the career fairs.
- Partner with employer relations assistant and possible assigned career counselor to coordinate and manage the part time job fairs.
- Communicate regularly with career counselors regarding on campus interviews and information sessions and coordinate rooms for these events.
- Employer Relations Assistant
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.