Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Dean of Instruction - Fine, Performing & Communication Arts
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 4/10/2015
Fresno City College
Areas of responsibility: Art, Communication, Dance, Film, Forensics, Journalism, Music, Theatre Arts
• Provide leadership in working with faculty to assess student learning outcomes as they relate to courses and programs;
• promote the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to determine the effectiveness of student learning;
• work with faculty and administration to ensure resources and staff development are provided to promote student success;
• facilitate the development of new programs to reflect the changing needs;
• provide sustained leadership in curriculum improvement through regular program review, evaluation, revision, and attention to relevance;
• develop course schedules and schedule teaching assignments in collaboration with department chairs;
• monitor enrollment and make adjustments according to enrollment trends and fiscal realities;
• establish and maintain educational, community, and business relationships that benefit instructional programs within the division;
• assist in the hiring processes of faculty and classified staff and recommend personnel actions to supervisor according to board policies and procedures;
• ensure that the evaluation of faculty and staff is completed in accordance with established bargaining agreements and district policies and procedures;
• support department chairs in the recruitment and hiring of adjunct faculty;
• develop budget recommendations and administer budgets;
• provide guidance and leadership for department chairs, coordinators, faculty, and other staff;
• work collaboratively with student services programs and personnel;
• promote the programs of the division in the community;
• prepare annual goals, participate in planning activities, and facilitate completion of goals;
• serve as a liaison between division faculty and administration;
• participate in regional and statewide educational activities as appropriate to the division;
• work with K-12, college, and university partners in the development of career and/or transfer pathways;
• facilitate grant applications for areas of responsibility;
• participate as a member of the management council, dean’s council, and other college and/or district committees as assigned; and
• perform additional administrative duties and services as requested and assigned.
Include an earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonable related to the administrator’s administrative assignment; OR possession of a valid California Community College Supervisory Credential; AND sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university in any discipline or related area taught in the division;
• equivalent to at least five years of full-time teaching and/or professional experience in any of the disciplines taught in the division;
• evidence of commitment to the mission of the California Community Colleges and the mission of Fresno City College;
• evidence of a commitment to teaching/learning and the vision of a learning-centered institution and community;
• experience teaching, coordinating, supporting, scheduling, and staffing of lecture and laboratory classes;
• demonstrated understanding of how technology can support learning and a record of support for technological advancements and innovation;
• ability to collaborate with internal constituencies, employers and community agencies in curriculum and program development;
• ability to acquire and administer external funding for support of programs in the division;
• evidence of effective planning in the management, supervision, and evaluation of the work of others;
• demonstrated ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds, including faculty, students, classified professionals, and administrators;
• demonstrated commitment to participatory governance, consensus building, and team approach to management;
• evidence of the application of principles and practices of administrative organization and management, planning, and supervising and evaluating the work of others;
• demonstrated knowledge of and support for the arts;
• ability to use organizational skills that enable the performance of duties in a timely fashion with attention to detail;
• demonstrated experience in managing financial resources effectively, including determining how best to utilize resources and managing budgets and expenditures;
• ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing;
• experience with Microsoft Office products or with a similar suite of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software
• familiarity with the standards of accreditation established by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC);
• familiarity with the statutory and regulatory requirements of California Community Colleges;
• evidence of successful management of grants and major projects; and
• ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
224 duty days and 22 vacation days.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $110,231 – $137,527 per year based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,001 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who submit all the required documents and who meet the qualifications, a selection advisory committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection advisory committee will rate responses to the interview questions. Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the President and Chancellor for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the Chancellor and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service minded organization and respond, as best we can, to the needs of our applicants and the faculty and administrators we work with in the District.
For more information, contact the Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 226-0720, fax (559) 229-7039. For information on Fresno City College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 2859.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/592756
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.