Detailed Job Description
Under direct supervision, the Therapist I - Student Health Services will diagnose learning, intellectual, psychological and social disorders for enrolled and admitted students at Utah Valley University.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
1) Administer psychotherapy to a broad and diverse population for cognitive, substance, psychotice, mood, anxiety, dissociative, sexual, sleep, adjustment, personality and other psychological disorders.
2) Assess clients emotional, intellectual, and personality functioning to assist them in their individual needs by utilizing objective and projective psychological testing instruments.
3) Record accurate confidential record of client"s condition, treatment plan, and progress towards recovery goals.
4) Conduct the therapeutic process created to intervene with clients who are experiencing acute behavioral and/or emotional crisis.
5) Train, counsel, coordinate, develop and design programs, and workshops for UVU faculty, student programs, and Student Services.
6) Perform miscellaneous job realted duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Master of Therapy or Counseling. Completion of clinical intership and practicum experience, as required within the chosen course of study.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1) Knowledge of individual, group and crisis intervention counseling techniques.
2) Knowledge of treatment plan development and implementation.
3) Knowledge of and participationi n consulting techniques, public speaking, teaching, presentations, etc.
4) Knowledge of community mental health resources.
5) Knowledge of essential principles of psychology, human behavior, counseling, psychotherapy.
6) Knowledge of psycho diagnostic and psychiatric diagnosis based on DSM-IV/TR.
7) Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology.
8) Ability to recommend voluntary and/or involuntary commitment of clients for hospitalization for psychological treatments.
Selective Placement Factors
Maintain or progress toward UT State Licensure requirements; including passing the Utah Licensing exams as outlined by DOPL. Prefer Doctoral level in Psychology.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.