Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/6/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position reports directly to the director of the Career Development Center and will be assigned to work with the College of Science and Health.
Counselor serves as a liaison to a school within UVU's campus and will be responsible to counsel and advise students, as well as alumni and community members, regarding career choices and internships. Duties include: collects, analyzes, and organizes career information though records, tests, interviews, and professional resources, as well as networking and building relationships with employers.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
-Counsel students, alumni and community members (clients) in the development meaningful career and occupational plans.
- Consult with employers, alumni, deans, department chairs, faculty and staff to facilitate students seeking career positions and or internships.
- Implement marketing strategies to reach target audiences.- Establish relationships with students early in their academic experience in order to engage then in long-term career development plans and increase retention.
- Maintain and manage necessary client records with relevant and accurate information related to their academic and vocational progression.
- Monitor and analyze state, regional, and national employment trends for the purpose of counseling students in the process of transitioning from academic to professional employment goals.
- Utilize career assessments, on line database, on-campus and career library resources and community partnerships to assist students with exploration of major and career development options.
- Represent the department in multiple functions including but not limited to: classroom and community presentations, membership in Advisor Forum and various campus-wide committees, marketing and promotional activities, training seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Provides referrals to appropriate campus resources and responds to informational requests from community members., UVU employees, and current and potential students.
- Utilize various forms of technology including telephone, email, facsimile, presentation and database technologies to track, maintain, and provide information to departmental clientele, the campus and community.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.