Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/12/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 6,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
This position will assist the Cardozo Vice Dean with all of the functions in the office of Academic Affairs.
* Effectively and efficiently perform a “triage” of incoming requests/contacts, prioritize items of urgency, identify parties who handle the issue/problem/concern, make timely referrals, and ensure follow-up
* Provide support and work with other members of the office in providing a proactive and responsive service team, responding to the needs of students, faculty, staff, and other administrators
* Enhance the Vice Dean’s effectiveness by providing information management support, scheduling meetings, drafting letters and documents, managing calendar, developing and maintaining filing and retrieval systems
* Maintain up-to-the minute knowledge of full-time and adjunct faculty, curriculum, teaching schedules and room assignments; communicate that information to faculty, administration, staff and students as needed
* Work with registrar to ensure that faculty grades are timely submitted; following up with faculty members who are late in providing grades
* Create and maintain a spreadsheet of all visiting and adjunct faculty members
* Update and disseminate adjunct faculty handbook
* Generate and mail official appointment letters for adjunct faculty and visiting faculty members
* Generate and mail CLE certification letters to adjunct faculty members and moot court judges
* Arrange welcome reception and master teaching class for adjunct faculty
* Maintain adjunct faculty course evaluation number totals; update spreadsheet at each semester’s end by inputting course evaluation information
* Collect applications for faculty summer research grants and synthesize the information in a spreadsheet
* Generate and send letters to all faculty members receiving summer research grants
* Work with other members of the administration on planning and implementing student orientation programs; act as point person for August, May and January orientation
* Work with business affairs to make sure adjunct faculty is provided with all required payroll and human resources paperwork
Experience and Educational Background:
* Bachelor’s degree
* 1 year experience or related internship
Skills and Competencies:
* Excellent organizational skills and follow through
* Knowledge of Word, Wordperfect, and Excel
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
* Ability to master computerized student information systems, in particular Banner
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/c9kb6tm
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.