Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/20/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:Northern Essex Community College serves approximately 15,000 students each semester on two campuses located in the beautiful, historic Merrimack Valley region of northeast Massachusetts. Our suburban Haverhill campus sits on 106 acres near Kenoza Lake and features a new Technology Center and an award-winning Student One-Stop Center. Our urban Lawrence campus occupies a 68,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown, where we are also planning to construct a new Health Technologies Center. Both campuses are a short drive to Boston and to the beaches and state parks along the coast.
NECC has been building an organizational culture that prizes initiative and innovation, and seeks to identify and develop the strengths in students, faculty, staff, and programs in order to grow and improve. We are also committed to using evidence to guide our planning and decision-making. These values are reflected in our recent work using Appreciative Inquiry to develop a three-year strategic plan for the college, and in our investment in Process Management, the use of quality tools to continually improve programs and services for our students and community.
We are also committed to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We are an affiliate of the National Coalition Building Institute, and our Lawrence campus is the only college in New England designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. We have significantly increased the diversity of our faculty over the last five years, and are one of four Massachusetts colleges participating in the national Achieving the Dream initiative, which aims to improve success for low-income students and students of color at community colleges.
With campuses in Haverhill and Lawrence, including a Workforce Development Center at NECC Riverwalk, as well as programs and services offered at schools, community centers, and businesses across the lower Merrimack Valley, Northern Essex Community College is looking for a dynamic leader for the position of Executive Director of Workforce Development and Corporate Relations
The Executive Director will be responsible for:
• Planning, organizing, directing and coordinating Workforce Development and Corporate Relations activities.
• Providing leadership for the growth of programs and services at NECC Riverwalk.
• Developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders and organizations, both inside and outside the college.
• Developing performance goals and objectives for the Workforce Development area, monitoring the budget, improving revenue generation, and providing oversight and evaluation of services and training of all unit staff.
• Coordinating, aligning, and linking all workforce development and corporate relations activities with NECC’s Strategic Plan and with the needs of local, regional, and state partners (area businesses, vocational-technical schools, chambers of commerce, Workforce Investment Board, Department of Higher Education, etc.)
• Cultivating and expanding new non-credit workforce development/corporate contracts, training and services for local businesses to meet the region’s demand.
• Collaborating with academic staff and faculty on workforce development/corporate courses and programs offered for credit.
• Negotiating contracts and agreements with trainers/consultants/sub-contractors and conducting oversight of these programs/services/operations.
• Participating in resource development and grant writing.
• Preparing and presenting reports, budgets and other items as required/necessary.
• Working with the president and other college staff to represent NECC at corporate and community events and projects, such as the Merrimack Valley Partners for Progress, chambers of commerce, service organizations, and other activities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, education, workforce development or related field.
• Demonstrated professional experience with workforce development, as well as building partnerships/collaborations with businesses and industries in a diverse, multicultural environment.
• Minimum of five years management experience involving multiple stakeholders, diverse teams, and multiple outcomes.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to balance many projects at any given time.
• Ability to travel extensively throughout the local area to cultivate working relationships within the community and across the state. Working knowledge of grants and reporting systems.
• Budget development and management skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Experience working in a higher education environment preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
SALARY: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00 with complete fringe benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
To be considered for this position we must receive the following:
• Cover letter
• Academic Transcript
TO APPLY: http://necc.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=33172
NECC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.