Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
As a key member of the Student Academic Success team, the Supplemental Instruction Coordinator is primarily responsible for the oversight and delivery of services for Supplemental Instruction and academic support services. This includes coordinating supplemental instruction services and research for special cohorts and assisting with various retention initiatives within the Student Academic Success Center (SASC). The Supplemental Instruction Coordinator will participate in various progressive activities designed to support retention initiatives at MSU Denver.
(45%) Supervision of Student Staff: This position will supervise the Supplemental Instruction student staff. The coordinator will be tasked with developing performance goals, learning objectives, setting expectations, and conducting observations and evaluations of staff. This position also will assist in recruitment, hiring and training Supplemental Instruction Leaders as well as researching best practices.
(15%) Oversight of Supplemental Instruction: This position will set goals, objectives, learning objectives, and outcomes for his/her area of responsibility. The Coordinator is responsible for the following: facilitating the delivery of supplemental instruction services to students; peer academic coaching and mentoring; assisting in the ongoing evaluation and assessment of student learning outcomes; outreach to campus constituents including but not limited to faculty, chairs, and deans; data management including the use of BANNER software; observations of student staff; being familiar with various academic support initiatives and research; and assisting in developing new and innovative programming with curriculum to support institutional priorities.
(15%) Delivery of Support Services for Students: This position will be responsible for providing support services to students. Support services include the following: advising/coaching, career planning, referrals to appropriate resources on campus, assistance with financial aid forms, goal/future planning, encouraging students to participate in campus activities, academic guidance, and tracking of academic progress. The Coordinator will also be responsible for communicating with faculty concerning the academic performance of assigned students. This position will also provide support to other cohort programs including the First Year Success Program and SASC.
(20%) The Coordinator of Supplemental instruction will assist the Coordinator of Scholar Success with academic support for students within the designated scholarship program.
(5%) Other Duties as Assigned: Perform additional duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Student Academic Success. The Coordinator will assist and support comprehensive retention management initiatives. Represent the program on various University committees/taskforces related to student retention and academic support student issues.
• Master’s degree in education, human behavior, counseling, communication, or other closely related field.
• Experience providing supportive services to students such advising/coaching, career planning, referrals to resources, assistance with financial aid, goal planning and tracking academic progress.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Three years of supervisory experience.
• Experience supervising and coordinating a supplemental instruction program at an institution of higher education.
• Experience with implementing learning theories.
• Experience designing curriculum for course or workshops.
• Familiarity with various academic support initiatives and research.
• Experience with BANNER software.
• Has received Certified Supplemental Instruction Supervisor training through University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) or similar training program.
• Faculty/Instructor experience in higher education.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.