Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/21/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
POSITION OPENING: FULL-TIME DIRECTOR OF PK-12 PARTNERSHIPS: (Division of Planning and Strategic Initiatives) Non-Unit Professional Position.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE: Northern Essex Community College serves approximately 15,000 students each semester on two campuses located in the beautiful, historic Merrimack Valley region of northeast Massachusetts. Our suburban Haverhill campus sits on 106 acres near Kenoza Lake and features a new Technology Center and an award-winning Student One-Stop Center. Our urban Lawrence campus occupies a 68,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown, where we are also planning to construct a new Health Technologies Center. Both campuses are a short drive to Boston and to the beaches and state parks along the coast.
NECC has been building an organizational culture that prizes initiative and innovation, and seeks to identify and develop the strengths in students, faculty, staff, and programs in order to grow and improve. We are also committed to using evidence to guide our planning and decision-making. These values are reflected in our recent work using Appreciative Inquiry to develop a three-year strategic plan for the college, and in our investment in Process Management, the use of quality tools to continually improve programs and services for our students and community.
We are also committed to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We are an affiliate of the National Coalition Building Institute, and our Lawrence campus is the only college in New England designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. We have significantly increased the diversity of our faculty over the last five years, and are one of four Massachusetts colleges participating in the national Achieving the Dream initiative, which aims to improve success for low-income students and students of color at community colleges.
The Director of PK-12 Partnerships reports to the Assistant Vice President of Planning and Strategic Initiatives and is responsible for leading the development, implementation and assessment of innovative educational collaborations with the college’s PK-12 partners with the goal of promoting student achievement at all educational levels and in alignment with strategic goals and directions. Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President of Planning and Strategic Initiatives, the Director of PK-12 Partnerships will promote student success through the design of systems and strategies linking PK-12 and postsecondary education. Consistent with this goal, the Director of PK-12 Partnerships will lead initiatives that build collective capacity to provide high quality approaches to college readiness, educational pathways and student success.
(Example of duties, not intended to be an exhaustive list)
• Lead and implement the PK-12 partnerships.
• Build existing and foster new partnerships with public school districts that result in tangible and measurable outcomes.
• Lead the NECC PK-12 Collaborations Team to support academic initiatives in the Greater Haverhill, Greater Lawrence, and Southern New Hampshire schools.
• Manage all vertical alignment curriculum activities.
• Facilitate and engage faculty, staff and high school partners in collegial discussion and related curriculum development.
• Collaborate with NECC Office of Workforce Development and related Perkins, technical, and vocational preparation activity.
• Work in partnership with Admissions & Recruitment, Academic Advising and Enrollment Services in the creation and expansion of dual enrollment & early college models, the awarding of articulation credit, and other initiatives linking Northern Essex to K-12 schools.
• Collaborate with Admissions & Recruitment, Academic Advising and Enrollment Services to design and continuously improve internal communication systems for information related to high school and transfer articulation.
• Represent Northern Essex on community, school district, and state-wide boards.
• Manage and mentor staff in the area including but not limited to the PK-12 Advisor.
• Engage in college-wide initiatives.
• Promote and maintain collaborative relationships with faculty and staff.
• Work closely with the NECC Assessment Center.
• Participate in state and national organizations to keep current on trends, and practices.
• Other duties as designated by the Assistant Vice President of Planning and Strategic Initiatives.
A Master's degree and up five (5) years of experience working in a community college is required. Must have experience with PK-12 initiatives and/or high school early college programs; experience collaborating and working with community groups, educational institutions, and/or governmental. Solid data analytic skills; ability to judge trends and appreciate the implications of data; excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to think creatively and strategically to solve problems; strong entrepreneurial and leadership skills required. Must be able to multitask and work independently on simultaneous tasks/projects; ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural, socially diverse populations in a multi-campus environment, and have a strong commitment to ongoing professional development.
To be considered for this position we must receive the following:
• Cover letter
TO APPLY: http://necc.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=33168
SALARY: $60,000.00 -$75,000.00 with complete fringe benefit package; Actual salary will commensurate with academic background and experience.
Open until filled.
NECC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.