Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/20/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
FULL-TIME COLLEGE CONTROLLER: Administration and Finance (Non-unit Professional Position)
The Controller provides accounting and financial reporting expertise to the college and ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State and College regulations and policies. The Controller manages a staff of accountants and support staff and reports to the Vice President, Administration and Finance. The Controller is responsible for overall management of accounting operations, including general ledger, accounts payable, non-student accounts receivable, financial reporting, and auxiliary services accounting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensures the accurate and timely processing of all accounting transactions and compliance with Federal, State, Department of Higher Education and College regulations and policies and generally accepted accounting practices.
• Prepares reports and surveys, as required by regulatory agencies; prepares annual financial statements and documents in support of the annual independent audit and other audit activities.
• Identifies and recommends policies and procedures related to the financial and business practices of the college. Plans and implements new operating procedures and information technology advances to improve service quality and efficiency of service delivery.
• Supervises a staff of accountants and support staff and is a direct contributor to the daily work flow and operations of the department.
• Maintains a standard of superior service to all customers; fosters and maintains positive relationships and works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and customers.
• Develops and implements short- and long-range department goals consistent with college strategic directions and senior management direction.
• Serves as the college’s primary point of contact for external accounting and auditing entities, including the Office of the State Comptroller; serves as college representative to the Community College Comptroller Council.
• Lead responsibility in maintaining Banner Finance and Finance Self- Service modules. Work in concert with the various College departments responsible for Banner modules which interface with the College’s Finance system.
• Develop and monitor cash flow analysis for the purpose of planning and management of College resources to meet the needs of the Institution.
• Coordinate and oversee banking relationships; research and recommend investment options to maximize earnings and limit exposure to loss of principal investment.
• Has signatory authority for College documents such as vendor payments, purchase orders and MMARS documents.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or has a MBA.
• Five (5) years related accounting experience and three (3) years progressive management experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience and expertise in general ledger accounting, including state, federal and fund accounts.
• Must be able to: read, analyze and interpret complex financial data; respond effectively to questions and prepare material in response to inquiries; make concise and effective presentations on controversial or complex topics to college management; exercise judgment and discretion as well as handle confidential information.
• Must have previous experience using production accounting and reporting application(s) and production databases and possess excellent end user computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• The Controller must be able to step in and provide backup support in critical functions to meet and cover staff absences.
• Must be well-organized, flexible and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Post- Graduate or Master’s degree in related field.
• Experience working for federal or state government
• Previous experience working in a higher education institution or agency
• Prior experience working at a public sector agency
• CPA combined with extensive supervisory experience
• Previous experience using Banner, Peoplesoft, Datatel, or Jenzabar accounting systems.
TO APPLY: http://necc.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=33334
SALARY: $80,000.00 - $92,500.00 annually with complete fringe benefit package. Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
DEADLINE DATE: July 20, 2012
NECC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.