Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Director of Academic Scheduling and Curriculum, assists the Curriculum Coordinator in processing curriculum changes through various UVU curriculum processes, assists with the production of the print and web catalog for UVU, and performs complex desktop publishing assignments and other difficult secretarial/clerical duties, including data entry, database maintenance, information tracking, maintaining record archives, organizing, scanning, and filing curriculum materials.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associates degree AND two years of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of post high school education and/or full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of curriculum and program development and academic policies.
- Knowledge of microcomputers and applicable word processing, database or spreadsheet software, page layout software, web utilization, and desktop publishing.
- Knowledge of office methods, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately for long periods with many interruptions under tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize, scan, and file large quantities of curriculum materials.
- Ability to interpret policies, regulations, and guidelines and stay current with changes.
- Skill in writing, editing, and oral communication.
- Skill in complex decision-making and problem solving.
- Skill in human relations.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of research, analysis, and report preparation.
?Knowledge of SCT Banner Student (preferred) or other campus software.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at email@example.com.