Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/19/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
1. Plan, coordinate and cultivate new corporate relationships to help generate internships and full-time employment opportunities for Quinnipiac University under graduate and graduate students, both domestically and internationally.
2. Work with employers and alumni to help identify existing and emerging opportunities, promote QU talent to employers, and provide feedback to the school of business to help guide students in their pursuit of careers.
3. Become knowledgeable about Quinnipiac past recruiting outcomes, including frequency of internship and full-time hiring and overall needs for targeted accounts, number of alumni in industry and at particular firms, evolving industry hiring trends and faculty research related to targeted industries.
4. Guide employers in developing and executing both on- and off-campus strategies for attracting QU talent.
5. Help Career Services team organize corporate presentations, networking events, job fairs, Career Talks and other outreach activity, including alumni-oriented events.
6. Collaborate closely with professional clubs to create outreach and sponsorship strategies, helping build capacity in these organizations and training students to effectively research, network and interview for relevant job opportunities.
7. Ensure accurate records-keeping of all communication with students, alumni, and employers in order to effectively share information with Assistant Dean as well as other Quinnipiac departments, including Admissions and Development & Alumni Affairs.
8. Create strategies to involve the Dean, faculty and wider QU community in all job development efforts.
9. This position requires travel up to 60% in the tri-state area, driving your own car to potential employers.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field and five years of business development, external relations, or corporate relationship-building experience in the private sector or in higher education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Ability to make independent, responsible decisions that create positive outcomes for QU students, alumni and employers.
2. Ability to manage relationships and projects involving a high degree of detail and requiring strong organization skills.
3. Knowledge of undergraduate and graduate career paths and job opportunities.
4. Interpersonal skills and aptitude transferable to the task of advising students/alumni and providing strategic guidance to employers.
5. Excellent public speaking, presentation and communication skills.
6. Facility with MS Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; and database systems.
7. Superior interpersonal skills.
8. A team player that works well with other members of the staff.
9. A leader with a positive and can-do attitude that supports the mission of the school.
10. Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.