Detailed Job Description
- Evaluate and provide feedback to Resident Assistant staff both in an on-going and annual evaluation process.
- Meet with students and serve as a student conduct hearing officer in disciplinary situations; impose appropriate student conduct sanctions and/or personal counseling in response to these situations in consultation with the Student Conduct Coordinator and the Director of Residence Life.
- Respond to emergency calls on a 24-hour basis.
- Participate in a rotation on-call duty roster and be available by phone when on duty.
- Resolve walk-in and phone-in problems of students, parents, and campus community.
- Support student staff in assessing student needs to design, plan and implement programs dealing with a variety of issues including diversity, alcohol and others.
- Manage operational functions of the residence halls, including damage assessment, maintenance requests, reporting and billing, hall openings and closings, room checks, and follow up regarding housekeeper and facilities requests.
- Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred
- At least 2-3 years experience as a residence assistant
- Background in supervision, crisis intervention and student development desired.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with varying levels of college staff, faculty, students, vendors and service personnel, and the general public.
- Evidence of strong organizational, management and teamwork skills.
- Evidence of strong administrative and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in working with diverse students and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
Live-in position; on call 24 hours
Annual Salary: $27,000, PLUS the following additional elements:
- Fully furnished apartment including utilities, local phone, cable, internet, and access to free laundry.
- Funding and opportunities for professional development locally, regionally, and nationally.
- An equivalency of $1,090 annualized meal allowance
- Opportunity to have a pet on-campus.
- Start date: July 1, 2015
Comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.