Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/6/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Network Engineer works under the direction of the Assistant Director of Network Services to ensure the design, development, maintenance, and security of the University’s LAN/WAN networks and telecommunication systems are both technically accurate and cost efficient.
• Provide input to design, analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting of network security, operations, connection quality, level of service, and other critical network functions.
• Design, plan, and implementation of network-related configurations, changes or modifications, service releases and patches for functionality and cost effectiveness.
• Provide primary support for network services on University’s Data LAN/WAN including but not limited to hardware and software selection, configuration, and implementation, campus wiring and server room environments.
• Work with Security Task Force to secure network infrastructure.
• Provide secondary support for VoIP services on University’s LAN/WAN environment.
• Propose strategic and tactical upgrades and other changes for increased effectiveness, efficiency and cost management.
• Assist in development of guidelines and policies regarding use, security, and administration of specific network systems and Federal compliance issues.
• Provide assistance and technical advice for servicing failed systems, troubleshooting, failure analysis, and root cause remediation.
• Work with vendors as needed.
• Work as member of Network team
• Learn new technologies as required
• Provide support outside normal working hours as needed.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Director and/or Assistant Director, Server and Network Services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of network terminology, architecture, protocols, operations, applications, security, service requirements, and other relevant topics that are used to work with team to support network infrastructure.
• Ability to communicate technical topics in an understandable form.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
• Ability to work outside standard working hours is necessary.
Education: Any related Bachelor’s or an Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Cisco CCNA certification required. Cisco CCNP, CCSP, or CCNA Wireless certification preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.