Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/19/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The director of online masters programs has administrative responsibilities for online Master of Science Programs within the School of Business. These currently include Master of Science programs in Organizational Leadership and in Information Technology.
Key indicators of success will be: achievement and maintenance of target student retention rates, collaboration with marketing and admissions to ensure enrollment growth targets are met, effective collaboration with faculty to achieve improved online teaching outcomes, and working collaboratively with the Graduate Curriculum Committee on the development and maintenance of an effective assurance of learning program that meets AACSB and NEASC accreditation standards.
- Build community with our online graduate students and support students in all areas
- Drive student retention for the program
- Act as a "champion" for online education with all stakeholders - faculty, staff and students.
- Collaborate with QU Online Admissions to ensure enrollment growth in current and future online programs
- Make admissions decisions according to program standards
- Work collaboratively with the Dean, Associate Dean, Graduate Curriculum Committee, and Department Chairs on continuous program/curriculum improvement and development
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Dean and Department Chairs to develop and implement an appropriate course schedule
- Develop and administer a student orientation program
- Develop and administer a student activities series including an effective, web based program to enhance student to student interaction
- Develop a student program manual which includes technology specifications and general student expectations for the program
- Provide student advising
- Work with the Associate Dean, the Graduate Curriculum Committee, Department Chairs, and Instructional Designers to enhance faculty teaching skills and online pedagogy
- Work with the Associate Dean and the Graduate Curriculum Committee to develop and administer an assurance of learning program consistent with AACSB and NEASC accreditation standards
- Teach 6 credits per year in the School of Business
- Maintain appropriate AQ or PQ status
- Reviews content of marketing materials and provide feedback to QU Online
- Participate in Admissions Webinars or on-site related activities
- Participate in professional activities that provide exposure for the program
- Provide a single monthly program status/activity report to the Assoc Dean of the School of Business and the Assoc VP of QU Online
- Assist students with course registration questions/issues
- Administer new student transfer credit transcripts
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success administering and growing a graduate level program in a non-profit educational environment including all of the above-mentioned aspects.
- This individual should have experience working in online environments or teaching online courses.
- Strong customer service and follow-up skills, and an enthusiasm for mentoring students is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work across the different functional areas (admission, registrar, bursar, faculty, etc) in a university or similar setting
- An advanced degree is required and a high level of technical proficiency is expected.
- Strong leadership abilities, excellent communication skills and an appreciation for a team-based working environment are required.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.