Detailed Job Description
Maintains and operates the Raiser’s Edge database for the foundation. Responsible for entering all gifts and constituent data into the database, performing data analysis, and developing sound policies and procedures for gift and constituent management to ensure data integrity.
Essential Job Functions
1. Receive and record all gifts to the foundation and build installment schedules for contributions received from corporations, foundations, government entities, and individual donors. Process online contributions on a routine basis.
2. Process and analyze gift batches to determine appropriate coding of campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift.
3. Generate donor acknowledgement letters and gift receipts for cash and in-kind contributions to the organization. Ensure all such correspondence is issued in a timely manner and includes appropriate tax information.
4. Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields where information is available.
5. Develop and maintain comprehensive policies and procedures for gift and constituent management within the database to ensure the accuracy and quality of all donor information and to preserve data integrity.
6. Create queries and analytical custom reports that allow for analysis of income trends, donor attrition, and similar statistics in order to assess the success of all fundraising projects and initiatives.
7. Design and process reports for various areas of foundation.
8. Pull mailing lists or export data for development, marketing or resource development purposes.
9. Manage accounts receivable process in conjunction with finance and development staff. Ensure all pledge payments due to the foundation are current. Prepare pledge reminders for constituents.
10. Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of the hard copy filing system.
11. Perform NCOA (change of address) updates.
12. Conduct ongoing data clean-up, including identifying and merging duplicate records.
13. Perform advanced administrative tasks in support of all fundraising and donor development efforts including campaign and special events.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. AS degree preferred.
2. Skill in use of personal computers and general office software, including database and web-based applications and advanced spreadsheet applications particularly Microsoft Office applications.
3. Strong preference for Raiser’s Edge experience.
4. Prior experience in non-profit environment preferred.
5. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
2. Ability to communicate effectively interpersonally, orally and in writing.
3. Ability to organize work, prioritize effectively, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
4. Ability to collect, organize, synthesize and present information in a meaningful manner.
5. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$36,010 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.