Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/2/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
MSU Denver seeks a visionary leader with strong collaboration and project management skills to serve as CAVEA (Center for Advanced Visualization & Experiential Analysis) Director. The CAVEA is designed to serve the mission of the University by providing experiential learning opportunities to students, promoting faculty research and professional development, and serving the community in ways that address pressing urban problems. The CAVEA serves as a connecting point between the University and the community with foci on urban planning, economic development, water resource planning, land use, transportation, and the economic clusters that are represented by signature programs at MSU Denver: hospitality, aviation, aerospace, advanced manufacturing, and health. The Director will provide leadership and oversight in creating a collaborative environment for local and regional leaders in government, nonprofit agencies, and private business, as well as faculty and students, to leverage interactive visualization technology in support of complex decision-making.
Leading a highly visible facility that represents MSU Denver in the metropolitan region and beyond, the CAVEA Director will work collaboratively across University functions, including Marketing and Communications, Sponsored Research and Projects, Academic and Student Affairs, and the President’s Office, to achieve the following duties and responsibilities:
40% Community Outreach. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Proactively contacting and seeking collaborations with prospective partners in the government, non-profit, business, and educational sectors
• Seeking and fulfilling outside public speaking and onsite presentation opportunities to relevant audiences
• Consistently serving as an ambassador for the CAVEA and MSU Denver
• Working with Marketing and Communications to develop and execute a proactive communications strategy
30% Internal University Engagement. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Understanding the needs of faculty and students and how those needs may be best served by the CAVEA
• Serving as a resource for research and publication by faculty and students
• Fostering collaboration between academic departments for purposes of curriculum development
• Leveraging faculty and student expertise to advance projects with community partners
• Connecting internship opportunities to CAVEA operations and projects
• Proposing and partnering on grants and contracts in collaboration with the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs.
20% Business Operations. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Exploring and securing revenue-generating opportunities for CAVEA
• Supervising and evaluating CAVEA staff to ensure continuous alignment with strategic priorities
• Convening CAVEA Advisory Council, to include representation both internal and external to the University
• Providing regular reports, updates and other communications to direct supervisor and appropriate stakeholders
• Developing annual budget and operation plan for CAVEA
• Conducting ongoing market analysis and staying atop best practices, emerging technologies, and client needs
• Creating and managing procedures to track, cultivate, and evaluate community partnerships
• Annually reviewing and approving vision and mission of the CAVEA with Advisory Council, direct supervisor, staff, and appropriate stakeholders.
• Annually reviewing all processes, existing documents and job responsibilities
10% Facility and technology management with primary focus on equipment and software. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Comprehending the high-level capabilities of CAVEA technology and their application to relevant community-based and academic projects
• Managing contracts with technology and service vendors to ensure ongoing functionality of CAVEA resources and equipment
• Working with Advisory Council and other stakeholders to determine appropriate technology enhancements.
1. Bachelor’s Degree. 2. Five years of work experience in higher education, business, or other professional environment, of which at least three years must be in a position of leadership. 3. Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining reciprocal partnerships with stakeholders from multiple arenas (e.g., academics, government, businesses, nonprofits). 4. Experience managing complex projects.
1. Master’s Degree. 2. Ten years of work experience in higher education, business, or other professional environment, of which at least three years must be in a position of leadership. 3. Demonstrated experience developing and leading an outreach program that connects stakeholders inside and outside of higher education in collaborative partnerships. 2. Demonstrated experience in successfully seeking external funding from public or private sources. 3. Experience convening multiple stakeholders, facilitating meetings, and employing decision support systems. 4. Experience facilitating collaborative efforts in any of the foci areas for the CAVEA (urban planning, economic development, water resource planning, land use, transportation, and the economic clusters that are represented by signature programs at MSU Denver: hospitality, aviation, aerospace, advanced manufacturing, and health).5. Experience using technology to facilitate collaboration, visualization, and problem solving
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
The review of applications will begin on April 1st.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.