Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/21/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Associate Director of Operations reports to the Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships. The position oversees all COD and NSLDS operations including Federal Pell Grant, Federal Direct Loans, and Federal Teach Grant. This position also oversees specific areas of operation in Alterative loans, Graduate aid, Study Abroad, Aerospace, Dependence Overrides, Debt Management/Default Prevention and Financial Literacy programs. These areas of operation account for about 135 million dollars in federal aid.
40% – The overseeing, management, monitoring and keeping current on regulations within Title IV program operations. Serves as part of management team in Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
15% – Developing and recommending department polices and operating procedures, and developing, testing and maintaining federal regulation compliance for complex mainframe software.
15% – Direct supervising of six fulltime staff including mid-year and annual year reviews, training, and backup needs.
15% – Funds Management, reconciliation and yearly closeout for Title IV funds. As well as the completion of FISAP and SURDS reporting.
5% – Assists and helps with internal, state, and federal audits for the university.
10% – Other duties or initiatives as assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree and five years of financial aid experience.
• Supervisory experience – Experience providing supervision and performance management to professional staff in many different operational areas ( or departments)
• Experience facilitating collaboration and teamwork.
• Experience directly dealing with students and parents
• Experience researching regulations and implementing software system changes for improvement relevant to regulations
• Experience processing Federal Stafford Loans and Federal Pell Grants
• Experience processing Federal Students Loans and Federal Pell Grants
• Sungard Banner Financial Aid Software Experience
• Must have ELM (Electronic Loan Management) experience
• And knowledge or experience using web software
• Experience using the Federal Government COD (Common Origination Disbursement) system
• Skills required are: strong oral and written communication; attention to detail; analytical skills and judgment; ability to handle numerous complex and routine tasks simultaneously; strong human relations skills; the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and complex long- and short-range concurrent planning for overlapping fiscal years.
• Experience working as part of a management team to develop and recommend policies and procedures for institutional , state and federal financial aid programs.
• The successful candidate must work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.