Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/4/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for directing the operations and programs of an assigned school of San Juan College.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Provides professional leadership and supervision in recruiting, developing and evaluating full-time faculty (including department chairs and directors), part time faculty, and staff; recommends department chair or program coordinator appointments; serves on or appoints members of faculty hiring committees; determines, approves and monitors faculty workload and release time.
• Coordinates the development and review of curriculum and assessment plans; recommends changes in courses and programs; directs program development and quality improvement processes; identifies and implements appropriate initiatives based on assessment data and community needs; provides direction, oversight, and approval to changes of syllabi, courses, and program proposals and to revisions in degree plans.
• Oversees the development of the annual schedule of course offerings; makes decisions regarding course cancellations.
• Oversees the student recruitments, retention and completion for all programs in the School of Health Sciences
• Reviews and approves student petitions to graduate.
• Manages budgets and reviews requests for expenditures; develops annual plans and reports in support of the budgeting process; approves travel and other expenditures.
• Coordinates with other academic schools to meet institutional and instructional goals and objectives.
• Mediates and resolve faculty, staff and student conflicts.
• Participates in college accreditation and program accreditation processes.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of higher education administration.
• Knowledge of curriculum development principles.
• Knowledge of personnel principles and practices.
• Knowledge of long-range strategic planning.
• Knowledge of current trends in higher education.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and management principles.
• Knowledge of accreditation standards and processes.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in the preparation of a variety of reports.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Vice President for Learning assigns work in terms of school goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of school activities.
Guidelines include accreditation requirements, New Mexico Higher Education Department rules and regulations, the staff and faculty handbooks, and college and program policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied duties in directing the academic functions of an assigned school of San Juan College. The variety of tasks to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to direct the functions of an assigned academic school. Success in this position contributes to the successful provision of educational opportunities for college students.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, representatives of accrediting agencies, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, to negotiate or justify matters, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed sitting at a desk or table or while standing or walking. The employee uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over assigned personnel.
Four letters of recommendation are required, and will need to be prepared as a pdf document to be attached to the electronic application packet.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.