Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/11/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Lab Coordinator, Colorado Center for Medical Laboratory Science, is responsible for general laboratory maintenance, inventory and set-up for assigned courses, provides student laboratory instructional support by assigned content area, serves as primary instructor in 1 or more short lab-related course(s), and assumes responsibility for administrative projects as assigned by Director.
50% Lab Coordination: Maintains teaching laboratory facilities for assigned course(s) including inventory of reagents and supplies, slide sets, stock cultures, teaching sample inventories, CDs, videos, photomicrographs digitized and digitized images. Setup/takes down instruments and equipment. Seeks and picks up donated supplies from the community. Inventories and maintains general lab supplies and lab coats, and monitors biohazardous waste and chemicals. May involve some light lifting of materials or moving of lab equipment.
30% Instruction: Provides primary instruction in assigned content area including lecturing, laboratory preparation and instruction, and student assessment and evaluation. Assists with laboratory instruction in other areas as assigned including both formal and informal demonstrations. Supervises and coaches students during applied laboratory experiences. Assists in the evaluation of student competency attainment.
15% Program Operations: Assumes responsibilities as assigned by the Director in areas regarding student recruitment, orientation, admissions and projects as assigned by the Director.
5% Service: Attends faculty meetings and instructional sessions as required by the Director. Maintains professional development activities as required by the position. Demonstrates dependability, initiative, cooperation and diplomacy in center environment and when interacting with the public.
1. Bachelors degree or higher in medical laboratory science or related scientific field.
2. Completion of a NAACLS approved program with rotation through all clinical areas.
3. Certification as a registered medical technologist (MT) or medical laboratory scientist (MLS) through the American Society for Clinical Pathology with technical experience in laboratory science in a clinical setting.
4. Experience utilizing teaching skills in a variety of formats to include formal lectures, small group interactions, one on one instruction, and counseling students.
5. Experience conducting assessment and evaluation of student learning and student learning outcomes.
6. Experience training students and/or employees.
7. Error-free written communication skills.
1. Three years of technical experience.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work independently and in a team.
4. Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
IMPORTANT: in order to be considered as applicant YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT https://www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
In order for your application to be considered complete, the following documents are required for submission: 1) Resume/CV; 2) Cover Letter; 3) Teaching Philosophy; 4) Unofficial transcripts; and 5) a list of three professional references.
If you are unable to submit any or all of the required application materials, please email copies to:
Attn: Cheryl Sipe
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.