Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/15/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Campus Programming and Student Center Operations
- Oversee the functional areas of campus programming and Student Center building operations for two Student Centers
- Supervise the assistant director for programming responsible for advising the Student Program Board, QU After Dark programming committee, and all major student programming efforts
- Supervise secretary of the Campus Reservation and Information center who is responsible for scheduling 85% of all campus space , including meeting/conference rooms, academic space, outdoor space, and the University van program
-Work collaboratively with campus constituents to develop goals, objectives, and strategic plans that encompass the learning proficiencies of the New Synthesis Project for undergraduate education
- Serve as Chair of the Outdoor Events Committee
- Oversee the daily operation of the Carl Hansen and Rocky Top Student Centers
- Hire, train, supervise, and oversee student payroll including work study staff and student center managers
- Advise the Relay for Life student committee
- Coordinate and support the comprehensive three-tiered leadership development program and assume direct responsibility for coordinating one element of Emerging, Collaborative, or Citizen Leaders
- Design and facilitate campus workshops, training retreats, and on-going leadership development programs for the campus community
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the annual leadership conference
- Assist with development and implementation of new programs and initiatives related to the departments' leadership program
Student Government Advising
- Advise Vice-President for Student Concerns
- Advise the SGA Student Awareness Committee
- Advise the SGA Election committee and oversee the election process
- Liaison to two class cabinets of the Student Government Association
- Support Student Government election, training, and community service programs
- Support departmental and divisional programs
- Serve on university and divisional committees as assigned
- Cover evening and weekend events as necessary
- Serve as liaison to assigned student organizations and meet with them regularly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in College Student Personnel or a related field required.
- The position requires a demonstrated ability to work with faculty and other staff members, a sense of humor, and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Compensation includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Three to five years of experience in student union operations, and/or campus programming in a student activities environment is preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.