Detailed Job Description
The Assistant Vice President, Marketing reports to the Vice President, Public Affairs and Marketing and provides strategic and daily management to the Office of Marketing. The Office of Marketing is aligned with the Department of Public Affairs and Marketing. The Department provides overall support and service to the college for government affairs, public affairs, media relations, community affairs and marketing.
Provides strategic leadership in planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and evaluating the marketing and media relations efforts of the College. The AVP will shepherd the vision, health and strategy of the College’s brand; will contribute to the fulfillment of the College's enrollment management plan and to the fiscal and learning goals of the College; and will partner closely with senior administrators, especially Student Affairs, Campus Presidents, Human Resources, the Valencia Foundation, the Office for Information Technology, Institutional Research and the Office for Organizational Communications and Development in order to support effective college-wide communications about Valencia's learning-centered, collaborative work. The AVP will provide leadership and supervision for a team of professional and career service staff.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for the ongoing development and effective deployment of the Valencia brand.
2. Develops and executes a strategic plan for the marketing office that aligns with institutional goals as expressed in the College's Strategic Learning Plan.
3. Develops and executes a plan for market research that underpins the design of marketing plans and provides information to those involved in enrollment management planning.
4. Recommends, develops and directs marketing strategies, priorities, and plans based on sound market research, cost analysis, return on investment, and in fulfillment of the enrollment management plan and College fiscal and learning goals.
5. Directs the development of an advertising plan and the purchasing of television, radio, print, outdoor, social media, and electronic media in fulfillment of that plan.
6. Working in collaboration with College colleagues, directs the promotion of programs and services of the College, including the design, preparation, and distribution of print, broadcast, and electronic publications (including the College's web page, working in collaboration with the Office of Information Technology), related to the programs, courses, and services of the College.
7. Collaborates when requested with the Valencia Foundation in support of the Foundation's fund raising goals and departmental revenue goals.
8. Collaborates when requested with revenue producing departments of the college to design and execute marketing strategies and campaigns.
9. Represents the College at community events as assigned.
10. Supervises and evaluates assigned professional and career service staff, and collaborates with the staff to plan for their continued professional growth.
11. Develops and manages assigned budgets.
12. Serves as the liaison (with Director of Public Affairs) between the College and external parties requesting permission to film on College property.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferably in marketing or public relations [required]. Master's degree preferred.
2. Experience in developing and directing marketing programs and working with different platforms [required].
3. Experience in directing the development of a variety of marketing/advertising materials in print and electronic formats [required].
4. Experience in evaluating information provided through market research [required].
5. Experience in buying advertisement in nontraditional/traditional electronic and print media.
6. Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and collaborative skills that enable effective work with others and accurate communication that demonstrates logic, clarity of thought, persuasiveness, and creativity [required].
7. An understanding of creative development and production processes involved in the creation of materials for print, web and other media [required].
8. Supervisory skills [required].
9. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
10. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Ability to develop and conduct effective marketing programs.
2. Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders of importance to the College’s strategic mission.
3. Ability to work collaboratively and with teams to make decisions and to bring both complex and simple projects to completion [required].
4. Understanding and acceptance of the comprehensive mission of the community college and an ability to interpret the aims and objectives of the College and its programs to the general public and to audiences targeted through enrollment management plans.
5. Ability to work in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$125,697 - $135,000 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.