Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/21/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the supervision of the Director-GEAR UP Project, the Assistant Director - GEAR UP will: supervise counselors and administrative staff; develop and manage programs; manage data tracking; provide professional development to personnel by planning staff meetings and trainings; manage partner relationships; oversee GEAR UP website; manage local, regional, and national relationships; and assist with evaluation activities.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
1. Leadership - Act in place of Director when needed. Assist Director in helping personnel accurately interpret and implement grant objectives. Supervise and provide program guidance for GEAR UP counselors and administrative staff. Perform any other job-related duty as needed.
2. Program Development - Design curriculum and programs to support the objectives of the grant and the needs of students, parents, and the community. Identify, develop, and maintain first-year college support services. Assist in the development and implementation of the financial literacy program. Implement Explore, PLAN and ACT assessment program-wide. Assist GEAR UP regions in the planning and execution of summer bridge programs, credit recovery programs, and statewide college tours.
3. Professional Development - Provide professional development, program guidance, and trainings to support staff and partners. Coordinate staff meetings. Coordinate state conference for staff and partners. Visit personnel, students, and families in schools, their homes, and other locations
4. Relationship Management - Assist in managing relationships with grant partners. Assist in managing relationships and needs of school, district, and state agencies. Represent GEAR UP at college, school, district, state, and national events. Congressional liaison for statewide program. Attend the annual GEAR UP National Conference and Capacity-Building Workshops.
5. Evaluation & Data Tracking - Assist with program evaluation activities. Manage and provide direction for tracking of student, cost-share, and evaluation data. Interact with and provide feedback to our data-tracking professional consultants. Support Fiscal Manager in the implementation of the cost-share tracking system.
6. Program Support - Liaison with Human Resources; coordinate job descriptions, hiring, and pay ladders for GEAR UP positions. Interact as needed with other UVU personnel in a professional manner. Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of the GEAR UP website. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.