Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/4/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This full-time, 12-month, live-in position provides front-line leadership and direction to a residence life area housing between 400-600 art and design residents. The Area Coordinator (AC) is responsible for a number of community development, programmatic, operational and administrative tasks with the goal of creating a vibrant and inclusive residential community that supports RISD's academic mission. The Area Coordinator position is a 3-year term after which time the appointment is subject to review for potential renewal.
1. Select, train and supervise one graduate level RD(s) and assigned RAs. Conduct formal evaluations of RA and RD performance at least once per semester and monitor progress toward goals for performance improvement. Oversee community development of area and support RAs' efforts to maximize resident development through provision of programs and referrals. Responsible for regular area staff meetings and assist with periodic all-staff meetings and trainings. Participate in the selection and training of all levels of Residence Life staff.
2. Complete day-to-day administrative tasks associated with the management of the residential community including tracking budget expenses and alerting to areas of need and/or opportunity; reconciling procurement card spending; completing and responding to email correspondence; processing room change paperwork. Manage community opening and closing. Oversee and coordinate the environmental health & safety inspections of students' rooms/apartments carried out by RAs at least once a term.
2. Provide, in rotation with other residence life staff, 24-hour, seven-day, Administrator-On-Call coverage for approximately 1400 residents and follow up with residents who experience crisis situations. Support residents' academic success and personal growth through individual discussion and crisis intervention and make referrals as appropriate. Meet with student residents to resolve roommate issues. Serve as a liaison with Department of Public Safety.
3. Respond to and process alleged policy violations as reported by staff, students and Public Safety. Serve as a hearing officer and develop sanctions using a restorative and educative lens. Ensure residents' compliance with policies outlined in the Residence Life and Student Handbook. Recommend other actions to Director or Associate Director of Residence Life as appropriate. Train, instruct and oversee RDs in their role as hearing officers throughout the student conduct process. Serve as a liaison with the Coordinator of Student Conduct.
4. Lead in the creation and implementation, under the direction of the Associate Director, of a departmental process or program including RA Selection, RA Training, RD Selection, or RD Training.
5. Assume responsibility for administrative, operational and programmatic aspects of a wide variety of residential summer programs serving a complete range of age groups and levels of experience in a very active summer schedule. These groups include Pre-College, Summer Studies and Conferences. Coordinate these efforts with program sponsors such as Continuing Education.
6. Participate in long-range planning of department. Provide input to plans for facility renovations, budget development and major program initiatives.
7. Actively support and participate in the work of the Division of Student Affairs and its different departments to realize the goals of the Division including but not limited to committee membership and presence at divisionally sponsored events.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.