Detailed Job Description
Under direct supervision, the Coordinator - Intramurals will: Coordinate, develop & administer effective, efficient & quality Intramural Sports for campus wide student body. Review, evaluate, recommend & approve policy/procedure & operation for Intramural sports programs. Train, supervise, and evaluate key support staff & scheduling of all participants for activities. Maintain accurate records including insurance coverage and liability waivers for student participants. Review, analyze, evaluate, and approve budgets and on-going financial management for department within area of responsibility.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Recreation and Leisure Management, Sports Management, Physical Education, Health, Business Management, Psychology or a degree closely related to the summary of duties; OR an associate's degree as described above and two years of experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of education and/or experience related to the summary of duties totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
(1) Knowledge of sports and recreation program management theories, practices, procedures, and techniques, including college-level intra/extramural sports program management;
(2) Knowledge of laws and issues dealing with recreational athletics
(3) Knowledge of liability insurance and ability to oversee monitoring of participant insurance coverage requirements and liability waivers
(4) Skills in development and coordination of intra/extramural sports programs, including policy/procedure development
(5) Skills in financial management, including the ability to develop and monitor budgets for each activity
(6) Ability to develop resources on and off campus in support of programs
(7) Supervisory skills
(8) Ability to train employees, club advisors/leaders and students in operation of programs; and ability to market intramural sports programs.
(9) Knowledge and computer skills in word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets and other basic functions (email, internet, etc?)
(10) Ability to use standard office equipment (copier, fax machine, etc..)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete a UVU application (no resumes are accepted without an application). Applications must be completed fully, and a Resume is NOT a substitution for the application.
To receive full consideration for education, an applicant must submit transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies. Some positions may require submission of other supporting materials; see the specific job posting for details. To be considered in the first screening, all materials must be received by the screening date. Attach supplemental materials ONLY in PDF or Word format online with the application at www.uvu.jobs. Please note that the file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that applicants take documents that are not in an electronic form to a local copy center and have them scanned into a black and white PDF format, and then applicants can attach them electronically to the online application. Please note that hiring committees will not receive paper documents, all documents must be scanned and attached electronically. For questions contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Human Resource Services is not responsible for attaching documents submitted incorrectly by applicants.
Application materials become the property of UVU.