Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/24/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Assistant Director for Student Activities, who reports to the Director of Student Activities, is responsible for delivering quality co-curricular programs and services for University Campus students. The Assistant Director will consistently demonstrate skills, attitudes, character, and values that support the richness of our Catholic and Benedictine identity while fostering student learning outcomes.
The Assistant Director is responsible for all aspects of the Student Activities office, including purposeful programming meant to promote student engagement, enhance the sense of community on campus, increase Saint Leo pride, and student retention, further student leadership development, and advance the educational value of the student involvement experience.
The Assistant Director must develop student leaders through a student-centered approach. Particular attention should be given to provide programming initiatives that support the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) and in particular, the institutional Core Values.
• Monitor, advise, and assist student organizations with membership, activity planning, and execution.
• Develop and coordinate a comprehensive program of educational, social, and cultural events for the University Campus student body.
• Actively co-advise Campus Activities Board and Student Government Union
• Provide leadership retreats and on-going workshops for student organizations and advisors.
• Assist the Assistant Director of Greek Life & Community Engagement in the management of Greek Life.
• Co-produce large annual programs such as Fall Family Festival & Spring Fling with CAB.
• Coordinate the annual Student Involvement Fair.
• Promote and publicize programs, events, and services effectively.
• Manage the campus activities calendar, and student involvement email account
• Assist with the facilitation of New Student Orientation/ Welcome Week.
• Work with outside vendors and contractors regarding student activities and involvement.
• Practice strong organizational and fiscal management skills with departmental budgets.
• Oversees use of the office and related equipment (cameras, computers, sound systems, etc.).
• Work collaboratively with other Student Services departments, faculty, and staff.
• Participate in University functions and committees as appropriate.
• Represent the university when appropriate in community functions.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director for Student Activities.
• Knowledge of higher education goals and trends.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Ability to prioritize work, manage time, and multitask appropriately.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
• Ability to function autonomously as well as a member of a team.
• Ability to manage excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to use the internet and computer programs: Datatel, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
• Common knowledge and use of office equipment.
• Practice excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Master’s degree from a regionally
The position requires an outgoing, charismatic personality that motivates and inspires the enrichment of the Saint Leo University community.
• 2-3 year’s experience in Student Activities and/or in programming.
• Knowledge of theory to practice models, ability to work hard, and have a sense of humor.
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative and appealing student programs.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.