Detailed Job Description
The Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Special Events for University Advancement and works independently as well as collaboratively to promote and advance alumni engagement with the university in regards to print and online communications, marketing and events.
- Strategize, plan and implement content for print and online communications to alumni (divisional websites, divisional social media sites, email blasts, invitations, etc?) for alumni, development and stewardship teams, as well as for other University divisions to successfully engage and inform alumni.
- Manage the communications project flow for the division, including serving as the department liaison with external vendors and University purchasing to expedite the external vendor bid process in compliance with Miami University purchasing policies and by using independent judgment to complete essential department business operations.
- Consult with internal clients and external vendors to create and enforce budgets, timelines, project scope, expectations, deadlines and resources.
- Coordinate and manage flow of internal phases of print and online publication processes (design, layout, editing, proofing) for marketing and special events, including but not limited to invitations, emails, websites, signage, and event collateral.
- Manage project timelines and maintain deadlines to ensure timely completion of projects using established processes for generating and maintaining files, records and billing (e.g.: WorkZone, Buyway, Banner, etc?).
- Create original content for online content management system to build, organize and update division web pages, e-newsletters and alumni email blasts.
- Assist and advise internal and external clients on web-based content and strategy.
- Assist with the successful execution of division events.
- Supervise student workers and provide direction to classified staff.
- Provides superior customer service to alumni as well as internal audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Bachelor's degree and one year of work experience or an equivalent combination of both education and work experience, experience in customer service and/or higher education environment. Experience with online content management system. Knowledge of graphic arts and other software. Strong communication and customer service skills. Superior organization and planning skills. Ability to show discretion and maintain confidentiality. Ability to work independently as well as in team environment. Ability to make decisions with limited supervision. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Degree or in pursuit of degree in IMS or graphic design. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Buyway. Experience with Banner. Familiarity with Miami University.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.