Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/6/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Yosemite Community College District
Associate Dean of Student Equity and Success
$7,924 to $10,061 per month – Range 41 (Management Salary Schedule) Salary placement is determined per the YCCD Leadership Team Handbook procedure.
The District currently pays for a number of health options for the employee and dependents. Employees may elect to pay a premium for a higher health option. Vision care and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents is District paid. Income protection and life insurance premiums for the employee are also District paid.
Scope of Assignment
Under general administrative direction of the Vice President of Student Services, the Associate Dean of Student Equity and Success is responsible for planning, organizing, managing, evaluating and overseeing the activities, services, and staff of the Student Success and Support Program. The Associate Dean is also responsible for developing and implementing the Student Equity Plan and other student success initiatives.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
Receives general administrative direction from the Vice President of Student Services.
Provides direct supervision to faculty and technical staff as well as other administrative support staff, as assigned.
• Senate Bill 1456 (Student Success Act of 2012), Student Success and Support Program, Student Equity, and other related student success initiatives and/or legislation.
• Budget preparation and control.
• Student activities and services at the college.
• Record keeping and report preparation techniques to ensure information is accurately presented and reported.
• Communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty and the public, especially to interpret and explain rules and policies.
• Work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Completion of assignments within timelines.
• Handle departmental duties with independent judgment.
• Compile and maintain accurate records and reports.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patters that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
Education: Possess a Master’s Degree AND one year of successful experience in academic field related to the administrative assignment.
Experience: Two (2) years full time managerial, administrative, faculty teaching and/or counseling experience at the postsecondary level or the equivalent.
Example of Duties
• Provide leadership in coordinating student success efforts and ensure compliance with the Student Success Act of 2012 (SB 1456) and other related legislation; including development, implementation, and regular review of the Student Success and Support Program Plan and the Student Equity Plan; including required reporting mandates.
• Provide leadership to reporting staff in developing, monitoring, evaluating, and assessing annual program goals and priorities, including student and program learning outcomes.
• Provide leadership to the campus regarding meetings related to planning and the implementation of the Student Success and Support Program Plan and Student Equity Plan.
• Develop and implement campus-based research measures designed to address disparities as described in the Student Equity Plan, and; providing general oversight, collaborate with the following student equity-related categorical programs and campus-based programs: DSPS, EOPS, Foster-Youth, Veterans, CalWORKs, Basic Skills, and Financial Aid.
• Develop and implement professional development initiatives related to Student Success and Support Program, Student Equity, and Outreach.
• Develop and oversee the budgets of Student Success and Support Program and Student Equity.
• Foster and promote student development and success in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and administration in support of the Student Success and Support Program and Student Equity Plans including alignment with campus’ mission, vision, and strategic plan.
• Provide data and information for student learning outcomes, program review, annual program reports, and strategic initiatives as related to the Student Success and Support Program and Student Equity Plan.
• Ensure the evaluations of reporting staff are conducted on a regular and systematic basis in accordance with collective bargaining agreements and board policies and regulations.
• Attend professional seminars/conferences related to student success, student equity, and faculty/staff development.
• Research opportunities for grant proposals; prepare or assist in preparing grants, as necessary.
• Perform other related duties
Licenses and Certificates
Possession of valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License may be required.
Physical and Mental Standards
• Mobility: ability to sit for long periods, move about an office, stand occasionally, reach above and below desk level.
• Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes.
• Lifting: occasional lifting of papers, files, equipment and material weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close-up work; ability to adjust focus frequently.
• Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person.
• Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate; frequent contact with others including some public contact; frequent deadlines and time-limited assignments
Additional Applicant Information
How to Apply: The Yosemite Community College District requires that all applications be submitted online. To apply, please go to www.yosemite.edu and scroll to Human Resources and click the link. On the “Welcome to the Office of Human Resources” page, use the link on the left margin that reads “Recruitment/Employment Opportunities.”
In accordance with Board Policy, official offers of employment will be made by Chancellor or designee. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Reference – Background Check:
A background investigation of new employees is required; including
reference checks and a fingerprint based criminal history background check. The cost for the criminal history background check will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Open Date
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/581383
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.