Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/26/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Assistant Dean for Student Services coordinates with student services unit directors efforts related to retention, assessment, student success and engagement, and completion – and links these efforts to the college’s strategic planning processes. The Assistant Dean is also responsible for direct oversight of departments and programs related to health and wellness, sexual misconduct prevention education, academic support, student success of underrepresented student populations, and child care services. These departments are Health Services (including Substance Abuse Prevention Education), Office of Tutoring, the Technology Learning Center (TLC), Computer Commons, Learning Assistance Center, and the Child Development Center (CDC).
The Assistant Dean supports the Dean of Student Services with the day to day management of the Student Services unit. This includes, but is not limited to, budgeting, enrollment management, strategic planning, personnel, outcomes assessment/program evaluation, developing and implementing initiatives related to Achieving the Dream, and planning and implementing student services professional development activities. The Assistant Dean also serves in the absence of the Dean of Student Services.
General Supervision: Vice President, Learner Support Services
Daily Supervision: Dean, Student Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In collaboration with student services directors, coordinate integrated efforts related to retention, outcomes assessment, student engagement, and completion.
• In collaboration with the Dean, ensure such efforts align with the college’s Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) plan, as well as its Student Success 2020 Strategic Plan, and key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Assist student services directors in assessment of program and services, utilizing benchmarking, the Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS) guidelines, program evaluation methods, and other appropriate measures of outcomes assessment.
• Assist the Dean with identifying and implementing high impact practices and, where appropriate, applying related student development theory, to enhance strategic and innovative engagement program delivery and design.
• When needed, assist the Dean of Student Services in developing, semester and annual enrollment management strategies, in support of the division- and college-wide Strategic Enrollment Management plan
• Oversee the recruitment, selection, training, supervision and evaluation of directors, managers and coordinators of direct report areas
• Develop assessment tools that allow the ability to collect, analyze and report evaluative information to continually monitor the effectiveness of all implemented programs and services for areas of direct responsibility
• Assist the Dean of Student Services and student services directors with implementing and/or expanding social media into programs and services to enhance student engagement, retention and completion
• In collaboration with the Dean and student services directors, identify, develop, monitor and evaluate an effective outreach program of student success services for other AACC sites and degree centers
• Provide direction to student services directors, managers and coordinators, in areas of direct responsibility, in budget development and fiscal monitoring. This includes monitoring expenditures of budget allocations and ensuring fiscal stability for the academic year, including summer session.
• Where needed, develop policy and procedural guidelines to areas of direct responsibility in accordance to college and division policies and procedures
• Assist in the review and oversight of efforts designed to enhance services to meet the needs of diverse student groups, including student athletes, veteran students, students of color, first generation, low income and students required to take developmental courses
• Serve as an alternate conduct hearing officer and assist the Director of Student Conduct and Special Projects when needed.
• Co-chair the Behavior Intervention Team
• Provide service and guidance to students experiencing financial crisis (HelpLink program)
• Participate in professional associations and local networks to promote and enhance professional development
• Serve on college-wide committees
• Serve as dean’s designee, upon request, in the absence of the Dean of Student Services
• Perform other duties as assigned
Master’s degree in Student Services, Student Development, Higher Education Administration, Education, Counseling, or related field required with additional training and/or experience in at least two of the direct areas of responsibility. Doctorate in related field preferred.
Minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative, budget, planning, assessment/evaluation, managerial and supervisory experience; at least three (3) years of supervisory experience in student affairs/student services.
Familiarity with regional and specialized accreditation
Experience with student conduct/judicial affairs preferred.
Working knowledge of student development theory, student success initiatives, retention, and programming.
Familiarity of or experience working with Achieving the Dream national initiative.
Familiarity of or experience with using social media to enhance student engagement and co-curricular learning.
Familiarity with Strategic Enrollment Management planning for community colleges
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience with grant writing and management preferred
Membership in and/or experience working with national student affairs professional associations preferred.
Ability to interact with a diverse student body, faculty and staff and establish effective working relationships
Considerable knowledge of higher education and community college administration practices and principles.
Considerable knowledge of student affairs administration, including project management.
Ability to work independently, handle complex assignments and multitask in a fast-paced environment
Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rkwzzcb
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.