Detailed Job Description
Recruits students into the M-PATH Grant program. Develops, implements, and oversees a network of collaborative relationships with business partners such as CareerSource Central Florida, Community Agencies, and high schools. Interviews, advises and supports students throughout the M-PATH enrollment process and works closely with the CE staff to ensure a seamless transition into the program. Works closely with CE staff and develops pathways to employment within the Central Florida Manufacturing community.
School of Public Safety
Essential Job Functions
1. Develops and maintains professional relationships with manufacturers, community and the college.
2. Visits community partners and participates in special events to attract and enroll students in the M-PATH program.
3. Develops and presents informational workshops on topics related to the M-PATH program to a variety of groups such as students, parents, manufacturers, and community partners.
4. Assists in the development of appropriate communication and marketing plans and materials.
5. Organizes and implements campus visits and open houses for potential students and other groups.
6. Sets and achieves objectives and accountability standards as directed by the M-PATH Grant Project Director.
7. Assist the Program Director with compiling reports for the grant.
8. Works collaboratively with other college staff to implement M-PATH Grant.
9. Plans, coordinates, or assists with special programs or events designed to promote the grant to our community.
10. Conducts ongoing evaluations of recruiting activities for M-PATH and provides regular reports to the Director.
11. Exercises initiative, independent judgment and discretion in carrying out assignments.
12. Develops and assist students with career maps, workforce placement, and employment skills.
13. Manages the Job Placement website for employers and potential candidates.
14. Works with the Program Director on engaging manufacturers and community partners to establish additional funding and scholarships opportunities for talented candidates.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution [required]; master's degree preferred.
2. At least three years' experience in recruiting and advising students/employees at a college/university or human resources department of a manufacturer.
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
4. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
5. Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish)
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of Valencia College and M-PATH programs and policies.
2. Skill in communicating effectively interpersonally, orally, and in writing.
3. Ability to work collaboratively with people.
4. Ability to access, input, and retrieves information from a computer.
5. Ability to develop and deliver related presentations and workshops.
6. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and programs.
7. Skill in the use of personal computers, electronic devices, and software programs for supporting projects.
8. Ability to frequently and efficiently travel locally between campus and off campus locations, and maintain multiple worksites.
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$50,000 - $64,807 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.