Detailed Job Description
Serves as a member of the Enterprise Application Services Team collectively responsible for the development, maintenance, and on-going support of the College's core enterprise application systems and other custom and third-party applications.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for designing, analyzing, coding, documenting, and implementing applications that support, enhance and integrate with the college-wide enterprise application suite.
2. Provides on-going support of all enterprise and related applications, as well as functional and technical problem resolution.
3. Develops design specifications according to business requirements.
4. Delegates tasks to other programmers as appropriate.
5. Programs, tracks progress of projects and performs thorough testing of systems to comply with quality assurance standards.
6. Maintains and supports application related systems/servers to ensure minimal downtime and loss of productivity and service.
7. Collaborates and communicates effectively with other Information Technology areas for implementation, design, integration, diagnosis and resolution of complex system projects, problems and issues.
8. Prepares and presents training sessions on application systems hardware and software, as required.
9. Prepares regular status reports which may include weekly, monthly, annual and special project status reporting.
10. Serves as liaison to College offices, committees and Information Technology personnel as required.
11. Recommends, initiates and implements improvements to IT operations and processes. Contributes constructive suggestions for change or improvement in other areas.
12. Performs other departmental duties, as required.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience [required].
2. Experience with and ability to develop and follow change management procedures and guidelines.
3. Strong computer programming and logic skills, including SQL programming in an Oracle environment and PL/SQL [required].
4. Knowledge and/or applied skills and abilities in the following areas as preferred:
- Experience with the Banner ERP
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Object Oriented Programming experience with Banner applications software or a background in higher education administrative information systems
- Perl, Groovy & Grails and/or Java, XML, SharePoint Development, Oracle APEXPro*C, Java, XML, MXML and Adobe Flex (or other web languages)
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment, including AIX and/or Red Hat Linux Enterprise
- Oracle Database Development stored Objects (procedures, packages, functions, and database triggers)
- Oracle Forms development
- SAS programming and report development; SAS data warehouse and business intelligence applications
- Good technical writing, flowcharting and troubleshooting
- Experience working within a formal project management and change management methodology
- Third party applications such as document management/imaging, Appworx or similar scheduling systems, Evisions, BossCARS, Banner E-Print, Raiser's Edge, Financial Edge and CashNet.
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Ability to work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
2. Ability to work in a typical computing environment, requiring walking, standing, lifting and bending for brief periods may be necessary.
3. Ability to work irregular hours may be a regular requirement for this position in order to provide 24 hour on-call support for mission critical systems.
4. Ability to travel between campuses may be required on an occasional basis.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and the College community.
7. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
8. Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to effectively resolve or escalate issues to management or vendor support areas as necessary.
9. Ability to write reports, documentation, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
10. Ability to learn new technologies, systems and software and adapt to change on an ongoing basis.
11. Ability to handle multiple assignments through prioritization and time management, and effectively document and communicate status of projects and issues to management and Information Technology personnel.
12. Continuously updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
13. Ability to meet deadlines, ability to achieve and maintain expected productivity levels.
14. Ability and willingness to learn quickly.
15. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$48,087-$86,275 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.