Detailed Job Description
Perform secretarial, organizational and clerical duties to support the functions of the Director's Office of the Istv�n Sz�chenyi Institute and the Associate VP's Office for Academic Affairs & Chief Global/Multicultural Diversity Officer, Diversity Initiatives which include the IMaGinE Advisory Board and diversity initiatives outlined in the IMaGinE Plan.
1. Maintain phone coverage, greet visitors and students, take messages, relay information and answer questions. Have knowledge of Quinnipiac procedures, office operations; answer questions within scope of knowledge and authority.
2. Use University software to perform duties such as correspondence, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, reports, grants, forms and memos including maintaining calendars for the Director and Associate VP.s. Proofread/edit work for accuracy, format, spelling, punctuation and construction. Assure timely completion of all material.
3. Assist the Director and Associate VP in the development and maintenance of key program relationships (i.e., corporate partners, non-corporate partners, boards of advisors/mentors, international board of directors, etc.).
4. Review and route incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action.
5. Use Quinnipiac's Datatel system fully and effectively, including monitoring budgets, requisitions, and student record keeping. Retrieve data and reports as needed.
6. Gather and enter data for the preparation of various reports/documents. Maintain confidentiality of such (i.e., student materials, visa-related materials, etc.).
7. Organize and maintain a filing system for all pertinent department/program data so that it is readily accessible.
8. Assist Director and Associate VP in preparation and implementation of special events on and off campus. Help coordinate all aspects of events including invitations, venue, food and beverage arrangements, preparation of attendance lists, registration at events, program arrangements and stewardship after event.
9. Supervise and coordinate schedules for student workers/grad assistants.
10. Other secretarial duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Person must be competent in Excel and other Microsoft products;
Strong organizational and time management skills;
Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills;
Database experience i.e. Datatel.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
Preferred skill - familiarity with any major European language would be a plus and familiarity with Hungarian, Romanian and/or Polish would be a HUGE plus.