Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/13/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Annual Giving Call Center Manager is an essential member of University Advancement, responsible for administering an effective and dynamic phonathon program, Reach-a-Roadrunner, as a strategic part of the University’s Annual Giving program. The Manager reports directly to the Director of Annual Giving and oversees all operations of the Annual Giving Call Center and Reach-a-Roadrunner program. The Manager provides supervision for approximately 15 part-time student callers who contact MSU Denver alumni, parents, friends and other constituents to secure financial contributions for the University; supervises and provides direction to the Student Call Center Manager(s); and participates in planning and executing the Call Center component of the overall Annual Giving strategy as determined by the Director. The manager is responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating and terminating student callers as per Reach-a-Roadrunner and Annual Giving policies.
50% Reach-a-Roadrunner Call Center Operations
• Oversee all aspects of the MSU Denver Reach-a-Roadrunner phonathon program, including the recruitment, hiring, scheduling, retention, training and supervision of approximately 15 part-time student fundraisers, including student leaders, who contact MSU Denver alumni, friends and other constituents to secure financial contributions;
• Provide all skills and procedural training to student fundraisers at the beginning of each session and conduct regular, ongoing trainings throughout the call session;
• Direct all aspects of operations during nightly shifts and shift shutdown;
• Maintain 12 full calling stations, 5 shifts per week, for semester-based calling;
• Enforce departmental policies for attendance and behavior, and recommend updated policies, as needed;
• Prepare data reports generated by the phonathon software system, currently Wilson-Bennett’s Phonathon Connect 4.0, to review and analyze overall Reach-a-Roadrunner statistics as well as individual fundraiser statistics;
• Ensure the consistency and quality of calls through regular monitoring and one-on-one coaching to discuss performance; and
• Assign calling lists, run weekly demographic change and refusal reports, analyze donor information, and identify concerns or discrepancies in order to revise strategy.
25% Reach-a-Roadrunner Campaign Planning, Execution & Administration
• Request data, properly segment and develop calling calendar for each semester’s Reach-a-Roadrunner campaign;
• Generate content for specified scripts across various segments
• Assist the Director of Annual Giving in making projections, reviewing and analyzing data and benchmarking program progress;
• Contact various departments across campus to ensure updated case points and highlights which student fundraisers can share with prospects on Reach-a-Roadrunner calls;
• Act as primary creator and editor of student fundraiser training materials;
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality on all sensitive constituent information. Prepare informational materials and training presentations for each calling campaign and ensure callers are knowledgeable about all campaigns they are calling;
• Reach out to departments across campus in order to obtain informational updates which are used to build a stronger case for support during Reach-a-Roadrunner phone calls;
• Utilize the constituent database, currently Raiser’s Edge, to update, track and maintain information received from various constituencies;
• Prepare and send pledge fulfillment invoices at regular intervals and suggest ways to improve pledge fulfillment rates; and
• Plan and coordinate incentive programs to be run throughout the call session.
15% Additional Annual Fund Duties
• Assist with implementing direct mail appeals and e-solicitation, including creating and working with vendors to develop themes and artistic concepts;
• Evaluate every appeal to develop analysis on past giving trends and program results, and plan for market segmentation for future solicitation and cultivation activities; and
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Annual Giving
10% Student Employee Management Responsibilities
• Conduct ongoing recruitment efforts and oversee the hiring process and hiring and payroll paperwork;
• Make final decisions regarding caller job performance and demonstrate fair and consistent treatment of all callers employed by the University; and
• Write and administer semester evaluations and submit/process wage increases for Reach-a-Roadrunner student employees.
1. Bachelor’s degree and 2 years demonstrated experience in fundraising, non profit, telemarketing, or marketing.
2. Experience creating a project, program or providing a service with a wide range of students, staff, faculty, alumni and volunteers.
3. Minimum 2 years experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel.
4. Experience gathering and interpreting data to conduct program planning and evaluation.
5. Experience providing supervision and performance management over student staff.
6. Experience working in a professional capacity working under the confines of discretion and confidentiality.
2.Experience in a call center environment.
3.Experience supervising multiple employees.
4.Experience working in Raiser’s Edge (or similar CMS software.)
5.Experience working with Wilson-Bennett’s Phonathon Connect 4.0 (or similar call center software.)
6.Ability to analyze date and manage detailed information
7. Experience working in higher education.
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
9. Proved verbal and written communication skills.
10. Excellent organization skills.
11. Experience conducting trainings.
12. Strong leadership skills and the ability to take initiative and drive a team to achieve goals.
13. Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.