Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Provide administrative assistant support to the La Verne Online staff (two Academic Advisors and the Associate Director of Admission) and the Assistant Dean, Academic Advising, Regional and Online Campuses (ROC).
1) La Verne Online – Administrative Support
• Manage and maintain new student files
for La Verne Online. Insure the
appropriate forms are included in each
student file. Send each student a
welcome packet specific to each
• Monitor La Verne Online student
admission documents and notify
students about missing admission
materials. Inform the Academic
Advisor of students who are ready for
• Accurately and efficiently input and
maintain student information in Banner
for the La Verne Online programs.
• Close out student files when their
degrees are posted or inactivated.
• Accurately and efficiently scan and
index admission documents into the
Banner BDMS system.
• Monitor the La Verne Online Gmail
account, including sending mass emails
and replying to student inquiries.
• Maintain the La Verne Online student
Gmail address books.
• Update the Projected Long-Term
Schedules for the degree programs
offered by La Verne Online, as well as
the Projected Long-Term Schedule of
General Education courses.
• Manage and coordinate the biannual
commencement ticket distribution
process for La Verne Online students.
• Keep the La Verne Online students
informed of Incomplete and In-progress
• Content Manager for the La Verne
• Content Manager for the La Verne
Online social media sites; including
but not limited to, Facebook and
2) Assistant Dean, Academic Advising, ROC –
• Provide support in maintaining the ROC
Community Portal, used by ROC and
Enrollment Management staff
(approximately 100 users).
• Provide support to the Assistant Dean
by updating forms, templates, policies
and procedures, as required.
• On an annual basis,update the Progress
Worksheets for the degree programs
offered through La Verne Online and
the Regional Campuses.
• Additional duties as required.
• High school diploma required.
• Five (5) years progressive experience
in an administrative or clerical
• Proven ability to use MS Office Suite
and Microsoft Outlook.
• Ability to work as an effective team
member and develop effective and
trusting relationships with students
and La Verne employees of all levels
of the various academic and student
• Ability to utilize Banner to retrieve
student records and input detailed
information is critical to the success
of this position.
• The candidate must possess
o professional email and
phone etiquette skills
o strong verbal and written
o strong interpersonal and customer
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
AA degree is preferred.
• Experience with website
maintenance/content management is
• Experience with managing professional
social media accounts, e.g., Facebook
• Demonstrated administrative or
clerical experience within higher
education environment highly
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
Applicants selected for an interview will also be required to complete a written exercise.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.