Detailed Job Description
UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY, The Woodbury School of Business has two tenure-track faculty positions in Marketing. The positions require a Ph.D. from an AACSB accredited business school. (ABD will be considered.) Good teaching and research skills are required.
The Woodbury School of Business is AACSB accredited and offers undergraduate degrees more than 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
UVU is one of the nation's fastest-growing comprehensive four-year institutions with 35,000 students. The campus is located in the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, 45 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City with access to high-quality cultural events and outstanding outdoor activities.
Screening of applicants will continue until the position is filled.
The position requires a Ph.D. or DBA from an AACSB accredited business school. (ABD will be considered.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Marketing department is especially interested in unique individuals to fill two key positions. One position requires an individual with interest in teaching Market Research and who would also provide leadership in the new Woodbury Applied Research Center. The other position requires an interest in teaching Advertising, Promotion, and Integrated Communication.
UVU is primarily a teaching institution, thus evidence of teaching excellence is required with the application. Industry and professional experience outside of the classroom is highly respected and preferred.
Selected individuals will be invited to interview at AMA in Chicago in August 2012. The selected candidate will begin in Fall 2013. Please designate on your application and cover letter to which position you are applying.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach Teaching Evaluations for last six (6) courses taught as Other (1) under Documents that MUST be attached.
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.