Detailed Job Description
Responsible technical work independently assisting with a major human resources function such as: benefits; records
processing; employment/applicant processing; or faculty credentialing.
Essential Job Functions
1. Reviews employment applications, employee insurance applications, or personnel action forms for accuracy,
completeness and compliance with policies and procedures. Calculates salaries, salary payments, and employee
insurance deductions. Reconciles data with payroll and accounting. Reviews, records, files, and retrieves faculty
credentials applications, transcripts, and supporting documentation.
2. Contacts employees, supervisors, or applicants to resolve problems relating to employment applications/recruitment
activities, employee insurance applications, processing of personnel action forms, or credentialing.
3. Enters applicant, employee benefits, employee records data, or credentialing data into PeopleAdmin and Banner, or other
software programs using a personal computer.
4. Sets up and maintains detailed records and files related to employment, employee benefits and records processing
activities, faculty selection and credentialing, and employee evaluations.
5. Answers questions about employment opportunities and applicant processing, faculty/staff records requirements and employee benefits including but not limited to retirement, leave, insurance, sick leave pool, flex plan, background checks, drug testing, and contracts.
6. Prepares personnel actions forms, correspondence, reports, employment verifications, schedules, mass mailings and other administrative materials as required. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves data from a computer. Compiles data for personnel reports.
7. Processes criminal background checks and finger prints, drug screenings, credit checks, and driver license histories as required. Reports results as appropriate.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience using a PC and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
3. Progressively responsible experience in a human resources environment.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Ability to interpret and apply personnel laws, policies, and practices related to the position.
2. Ability to handle multiple priorities and confidential assignments, organize work, and function independently.
3. Ability to effectively interact with other staff and applicants.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to access, input, and retrieve computer based data/information.
6. Ability to function effectively under a heavy workload and during peak periods.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$32,975 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.