Detailed Job Description
The Department of Journalism in the School of Communications at Quinnipiac University invites applications for a tenure-track position in journalism at the assistant or associate professor level starting August 2013.
The ideal candidate:
- is an early adopter of new technologies and new processes, and is able to teach best practices for creating and maintaining digital content.
- understands the standards and philosophy of both real-time news and long-form multimedia reporting.
- understands how to use statistical data to develop story ideas, define trends and create multimedia packages.
- can demonstrate proficiency in tools used to produce multimedia content, including shooting and editing video, and producing other related visual and audio content.
- has a strong writing and producing background, including command of AP Style.
Duties include teaching freshman writing and multimedia journalism courses, advising students, and serving on faculty committees. There may also be opportunities to teach upper-level undergraduate seminars that explore current issues in journalism and to contribute to the Masters of Science in Journalism program.
Required Minimum Qualifications
The successful candidate will have an advanced degree and at least six years of professional experience. The degree requirement may be waived for applicants who exhibit a documented record of exceptional journalistic skill and professional accomplishments. Recent and relevant higher-education teaching experience is required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For best consideration, candidates should submit a complete application by September 15, 2012.
Application materials should include cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three references.