Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/3/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Assistant Director, Changemaker HUB
University of San Diego
The Assistant Director (AD) of the Changemaker HUB will assist in managing the operations of the HUB according to its vision, contributing to grow and maintain an area of excellence in supporting changemaking activities in teaching, research and service. The AD is responsible for helping establish and maintain relationships with the wide community of USD stakeholders. The AD will serve as a contact for issues related to organization of events, including seminars and conferences. Success in the position requires exercising creativity, leadership and problem solving skills as the Changemaker HUB involves working in collaboration with different university units. The AD must be able to successfully represent Changemaker HUB at internal, external and industry events.
The Assistant Director for the Changemaker HUB is under the direct supervision of the Director of the HUB. Supervision Exercised:Coordination of activities with schools, institutes and programs at the university and with Ashoka.
As support for the Director Changemaker HUB the AD will work with the Director to:
• Provide leadership and input in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing activities of the HUB.
• Serve as a liaison and foster synergy amongst all the schools, centers, and university.
• Assist in the daily management and supervision of the various activities of the HUB.
• Develop and employ opportunities through grant and contract programs.
• Serve as the operating director for Changemaker HUB in the absence of the Director.
• Assist with special projects, as needed, to enhance the scope of the Changemaker HUB.
• Providing information for students, faculty and visitors that links them with the appropriate service provider in different changemaking endeavors.
• Assisting the Director of the Changemaker HUB in support of other programs and changemaking efforts.
• Serve as a liaison with different schools to assess the need for changemaking experiences in the curriculum.
• Assist students to further develop their commitment towards changemaking.
Organization and diffusion of Changemaker HUB activities:
• Seek relevant information on research and teaching on changemaking at USD, Changemaker partners and others schools throughout the world.
• Assist and collaborate with HUB participants to develop promotional materials, including collateral and website.
• Coordinate strategic meetings with faculty and staff involved in the HUB.
• Organize periodic focus groups with students, faculty, community and industry leaders to identify areas of interest and strategies for maintaining continuous engagement with diverse stakeholders.
• Support and organize the logistics of events and seminars.
• Be responsible for contacting the media (internally and externally) both verbally and an in writing to assure events are properly publicized.
• Supervise the design of promotional material and marketing plans for events and activities.
• Design systems and track promotional material for assessment and improvement.
• Serve as liaison with Changemaker related student groups (i.e. Net Impact, SIBC, AS, etc.) and faculty groups (i.e. Sustainability Initiative, etc.) at the university, as well as other universities.
• Assist in the development of Changemaker HUB five year strategic plan.
• Benchmark with similar Changemaker initiatives in Universities in the United States and abroad.
• Facilitate meetings and exchanges with Ashoka U and the other Changemaker campuses
To create and sustain innovative initiatives and collaborations for high-impact changemaking. This includes co-developing programs that place USD at a unique position as Changemaker campus through quality, expanding the customer base, and engaging in activities that link the university with others already recognized as being excellent in the field or in their region:
• Assists the Director of the Changemaker HUB in engaging the external community (alumni, business professionals, etc.) to help develop programs of the HUB.
• Assist in development of assessment tools for the changemaking component in curricula and programs.
• Assist in the advising of students and program participants, as needed.
As the Communications Manager of the Changemaker HUB will perform the following tasks:
• Responsible for the marketing plan for the Changemaker HUB that includes web page, annual report, newsletter and other sorts of media outreach to cultivate additional supporters for HUB activities and offerings.
• Coordinate with various stakeholders on campus to develop content for a newsletter.
• Utilize social media to communicate Changemaker HUB activities.
• Communicate Changemaker local community events to students.
• Update Changemaker HUB publications, in both written and electronic form.
Post-graduate degree (completed or in-progress) and a minimum of two years recent business or academic environment work preferred. Experience in higher education and development preferred with an understanding of social entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver, with strong communications skills (oral and written).
Knowledge of and experience with:
• Spreadsheets, budgeting procedures
• Computers and software (including MS Word, Access, Internet, Web, etc.)
• Social media
• Project or event management
• Project promotion and marketing
• Presenting materials
• Handling inquiries
• Writing grants
• Modern office practices, systems and procedures
• Writing reports
• Interacting with the professional business community
Demonstrated performance in:
• Human relations and interpersonal communications
• Exercising self-initiative and creativity
• Be able to function with the highest degree of autonomy
• Operation of personal computer equipment and web management
• Time management and organization of multi-tasking work requirements
• Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to use mature judgment and patience in dealing with student issues
• Ability to form productive working relationships with faculty, staff, administration, students and the business community
• Being comfortable in working with others from different cultures and countries
• Working with diverse personalities
• Familiar and comfortable in working with students
• Being flexible and versatile in coping with evolving work situations
• Ability to assume responsibility and effectively resolve problems by exercising independent judgement
• Project or event management
• Interacting with professionals in the business community
• Creativity and flexibility to deal with multitude of new emerging projects throughout the year
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Finance & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Click https://usdebsprod.sandiego.edu/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=2121423475&retainAM=N&addBreadCrumb=RP&p_svid=7962&p_spid=352574&oapc=5&oas=1sM98c20xNnrR2MWkV4U_g.. to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact Rose Trujillo at (619) 260-2725 or hr@sa
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.