Detailed Job Description
Provide ongoing advising to all students regarding their student record and graduation transition status. Performs comprehensive analysis of student records to ensure student meets all college academic and degree requirements. Provides support to students and other college officials regarding academic records, commencement and college/university transition; responds to written and verbal inquiries, conducts ongoing research of best practices, and makes recommendations to assist students in achieving educational goals. Analyzes and evaluates transfer coursework from all institutions.
Essential Job Functions
1. In-depth knowledge of admissions and records policies, practices, and procedures as they relate to community colleges.
2. Reviews and articulates all college/university transcripts to determine appropriate college level, and equivalency.
3. Evaluates and articulates credit toward degree and/or certificate program.
4. Process, equates, and posts accelerated credits (CLEP, AP, etc.) according to state and national guidelines.
5. Interfaces with academic departments collegewide to discern course waivers and substitutions.
6. Creates and maintains institutional catalogs for all incoming transfer work and establishes course and grade mode
7. Certifies and posts program and degree requirements for all AA, AS, AAS degrees and certificates.
8. Processes all graduation applications, commencement ceremony tickets, cap and gown orders, and the printing and
mailing of certificate and degree awards.
9. Reconciles error reports to ensure integrity of the decisions and degrees awarded.
10. Processes compliance (degree audit) reports.
11. Interprets transfer credit awarded for students and staff to ensure understanding of how course work has been applied toward a program or degree.
12. Responds to on-line and telephone queries.
13. Processes special requests from faculty, staff, and students.
14. Other duties as assigned.
District Office Lead Functions:
1. Distributes daily work and informs the Assistant Director of current staff workload and staff productivity.
2. Creates reports as needed and runs and reviews edit reports.
3. Prepares a training agenda and conducts training on the Graduation and Records duties and responsibilities.
4. Resolves student related issues from frontline staff.
5. Provides frontline service to staff with highly sensitive issues.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution [required]; Bachelors degree preferred.
2. Experience working with students in an educational setting.
3. Ability to collaborate with other departments in order to resolve student issues to full resolution.
4. Ability to access and retrieve data from a computer and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and other comparable software programs [required].
5. Ability to multi-task, meet specific deadlines.
6. Ability to work with confidential information.
7. Ability to look at computer for extended periods of time.
8. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
9. Attention to detail, accuracy, persistence, and follow-through.
10. Must be able to perform all of the essential function of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
District Office Lead Function Qualifications:
1. Associate’s degree or higher.
2. 2 years of experience in Records/Graduation after completion of department training program.
3. Strong technical skills using Microsoft office suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
4. Participate in the development of and delivery of trainings/workshops.
5. Demonstrated leadership with department projects.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of FERPA and Admissions/Records policies, practices and procedures.
2. Knowledge of transfer evaluation and evaluation agencies.
3. Knowledge of higher education and the mission of the college.
4. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills to exercise judgment and discretion.
5. Strong interpersonal problem solving skills.
6. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
7. Ability to diagnose issues from a "systems" perspective and relate information to the Office of Information Technology staff.
8. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
9. Ability to travel within district.
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.