Detailed Job Description
Performs research and analysis in support of institutional innovation and decision making. Visually and narratively interprets the results of research and analysis based on the needs of those requesting data or the target audience. Develops reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs research and analysis in support of institutional innovation and decision making.
2. Consults with internal college constituencies to determine and clarify data, reports and research requirements
3. Visually and narratively interprets the results of research and analysis based on the needs of those requesting data or the target audience.
4. Develops reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
5. Develops and / or uses tools for required for research, to include survey questionnaires, data extraction procedures, data communications / transfer protocols, file management techniques, and documentation programs.
6. Prepares reports and presentations based on research and analysis in response to internal information needs.
7. Identifies and assists in the development of new data sources
8. Coordinates the reporting of data to state and federal agencies
9. Coordinates grants related data submission and reporting to funding agencies.
10. Responds to survey and data requests from external agencies.
11. Participates in membership councils, committees and project teams as appropriate.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution [required] in management information systems or a related field.
2. Experience in a position involving computer-based information analysis.
3. Experience with data mart and / or data warehouse environments.
4. Demonstrated experience with relational databases.
5. Demonstrated experience in SQL programming.
6. Demonstrated experience in SAS programming.
7. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
8. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of the practices of using technology to conduct institutional research, to include extracting, analyzing, and presenting data.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers, related office software, relational databases, and SQL and SAS programming.
3. Skill in communicating clearly and effectively interpersonally, orally, and in writing.
4. Ability to analyze institutional and reporting needs, and assemble and interpret meaningful data.
5. Ability to perform statistical and/or quantitative analyses.
6. Ability to communicate technical information in oral, written and graphic form to individuals with varying technical backgrounds.
7. Ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments, organize work, make decisions, and function independently.
8. Ability to work collaboratively with others.
9. Ability to travel between campuses and attend meetings throughout the state.
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse populations.
$37,401 - $60,900 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.