Detailed Job Description
Serves as an internal consultant to faculty to conceptualize, design, develop, deliver, and assess high quality face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses.
Partners with campus and college F&ID staff to develop and implement comprehensive, coordinated programs, curriculum, systems and support for faculty and instructional development that promote excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, technology and scholarship.
Lake Nona Campus
Essential Job Functions
1. Designs, delivers and implements programs, courses, resources, and services to develop faculty in the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
2. Designs, delivers and implements programs, resources and services to support faculty in the development of course and program curriculum in face-to-face, hybrid and online instructional modalities.
3. Works collaboratively to achieve established goals and outcomes for Campus Center(s) for Teaching/Learning Innovation.
4. Provides consultation and development for faculty in the design of course/program curricula and pedagogies in all instructional modalities according to established best practices, including learning outcomes, curriculum alignment, learning-centered teaching strategies and assessment.
5. Provides consultation and development for faculty in the selection and effective use of digital technologies, in all instructional modalities, according to established best practices.
6. Provides consultation for faculty in the design of individualized development plans aligned with the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator.
7. Effectively manages multiple course development projects from inception to completion, in accordance with established instructional design and curriculum development processes.
8. Designs and supervises production of learning resources in variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video and
animation technologies to support curriculum development and learning-centered course design.
9. Supports academic departments in the exploration and development of innovative teaching and learning strategies and materials.
10. Researches, articulates, and disseminates innovative best practices in faculty development, teaching, learning and technology, in all instructional modalities.
11. Develops and implements ongoing program assessment, to understand the program's strengths and weaknesses and to establish a model of evidence-based program improvement.
12. Supports faculty in the tenure process in conjunction with the Teaching/Learning Academy team..
13. Supports campus-based and college-wide committees in issues related to teaching, learning and technology.
14. Acts as system administrator for select campus-based and college-wide software. Collects and compiles problems, issues and user requests associated with campus and college-wide software and hardware; communicates issues to the Office of Information technology.
15. Maintains the Faculty Development Library Collection to include recommending hardware and software for the Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation.
16. Assists faculty and staff in the development and improvement of course/program curriculum, learning outcomes and assessment activities in collaboration with F&ID staff, faculty, Office of Curriculum and Articulation, Office of Institutional Assessment, Office of Workforce Development and other campus and college-wide colleagues.
17. Responsible for supervising, developing and evaluating assigned staff, as appropriate.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
. Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or commensurate experience in an academic or training environment [required].
2. Progressively responsible experience teaching in a higher education setting or commensurate experience [required].
3. Experience in the design, implementation, delivery and assessment of faculty development initiatives and programs.
4. Experience in instructional design methodologies and course and curriculum design in all modalities (face-to-face, hybrid and online), including learning outcome development and curriculum alignment [required].
5. Experience in hybrid and online teaching and/or training.
6. Experience in the effective use of educational technologies to support teaching and learning.
7. Experience in curriculum change or instructional design project management.
8. Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
9. Understanding and commitment to a learning-centered community college.
10. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
11. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
. Knowledge of community college career and academic programs.
2. Knowledge of course and curriculum design processes, including learning outcomes and assessment, curriculum alignment, and learning-centered teaching strategies.
3. Knowledge of learning theories, teaching and learning literature, and research and scholarship methodologies in teaching and learning.
4. Knowledge of learning management systems (Blackboard), interactive and multimedia applications, authoring tools and standard software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database programs in support of teaching and learning, in all instructional modalities.
5. Strong knowledge of pedagogy and effective teaching practices in online and hybrid courses.
6. Knowledge of current and emerging learning technologies and pedagogical practices related to the effective use of technology.
7. Knowledge of ADA compliance and copyright in an academic environment.
8. Knowledge of methods, procedures, and techniques for storage and inventorying of hardware, software and instructional media, and
troubleshooting hardware/software issues and device errors/failure.
9. Skill in effectively communicating orally and in writing to all groups of employees.
10. Excellent listening and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively as part of a small team, and to collaborate/consult with faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds in a professional and collaborative manner.
11. Ability to organize work, prioritize effectively, and manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
12. Ability to document and research information, and analyze and interpret a variety of data to identify trends and draw valid conclusions.
13. Ability to supervise and develop assigned staff.
14. Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
15. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$42,645 - $64,807 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.