Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Manager, Continuing Education and Clinical Compliance, conducts internal review of all Allied Health and Nursing programs to ensure clinical compliance for the purpose of rotation in affiliate units of care. Subsequent to initial document review by electronic partner per Valencia criteria, assists students and faculty with specific immunization issues. Provides reports to faculty regarding non-compliance.
Essential Job Functions
1. Retrieves and reviews credit class schedule for Allied Health and Nursing students to determine non-compliance.
2. Prepares reports and provides communication regarding pending expirations and non-compliance to designated faculty.
3. Subsequent to review by electronic partner, reviews student/faculty documents with rejected status for possible override to clear account of non-compliance standing.
4. Responds to compliance inquiries from students and faculty via phone calls and emails.
5. Troubleshoots misconceptions and inaccurate information received by students regarding compliance requirements.
6. Archives graduate and non-graduate document trackers (based on graduation lists, failure reports and returning student data).
7. Researches and updates parameters for compliance requirements based on current CDC (Centers for Disease Control) recommendations and OSHA requirements and specified in affiliation agreements between Valencia College and healthcare facilities.
8. Communicates with Compliance Manager regarding technical issues and review criteria for resolution with electronic partner.
9. Accommodates and adjusts to system changes introduced by electronic partner; contributes to revisions to internal processes.
10. As needed, provides assistance to Compliance Manager with uploading confidential fingerprint results to confidential folder on share drive; then copies to individual student accounts housed with electronic partner.
11. As needed, participates in new student program orientations to explain compliance requirements.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Current Florida DOH license or equivalent professional certification.
2. Clinical compliance experience.
3. Customer service and data management experience.
4. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of CDC guidelines for healthcare providers.
2. Knowledge of OSHA requirements for healthcare providers.
3. Knowledge of personal computers and select software to include MS Word and Excel.
4. Ability to organize, prioritize, and make decisions.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in verbally and in writing.
6. Ability to work effectively in a diverse environment and interact with diverse students, faculty, and employees at all levels of the college community.
$11.49 per hour
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.