Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/5/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position functions as a technician in the area of the University’s Wireless network, remodeling projects, upgrading and supporting the University’s network. This position provides assistance in support of the University’s wireless access points and switches. This position assists others in implementing, and upgrading campus networking equipment. This position assists with keeping network documentation up to date.
30%: Serves as the first level support technician of the wireless networking systems of the University. Installs, configures, and tests active mission critical network communications between equipment such as servers, routers, switches, wireless access points and the Internet; Helps troubleshoot wireless networks to ensure reliable and continuous services. Currently this is approximately 400 wireless access points and their access is supported through the University’s network. Position continuously monitors access points to ensure optimal performance.
50%: Serves as the first level support technician of the wired networking systems. Implements, upgrades, and maintains the network; Troubleshoots network related problems, often involving contact with end users to identify symptoms. Isolates faults to a particular Local Area Network (LAN) and/or cabling system/set of components, examines it for non-conformance, and/or utilizes network test equipment such as a protocol analyzer to isolate the fault. Engages in repair effort or will suggest course of action as appropriate.
15%: Responsible for ensuring the network management and monitoring systems (InfoBlox NetMRI, Solarwinds, Aerohive) are properly monitoring the correct network hardware.
5%: Other duties as needed.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate’s degree in a field of study related to the work assignment or equivalent education and experience. (Note: One year of education is equal to two years of experience.)
Qualified individuals must:
• Have experience providing customer service in a professional organization
• Have training and/or experience with: network protocols such as TCP/IP, 802.1q, 802.11n/b/g; basic network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Infoblox NetMRI; and various operating systems such as UNIX, Mac OSX, and Windows.
• Be able to walk 2 miles; climb an 8-foot ladder carrying 50 pounds; be able to identify colors.
• Training or knowledge of the Cisco product line (specifically Cisco 6500s, Cisco 3750, 3560, 2960 switches), Networking cabling testers (such as Fluke cable analyzer, Fluke NetTool).
• A bachelors, masters or doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study related to the work assignment.
• Possess a working knowledge of network troubleshooting.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.