Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/5/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the general direction of the Undergraduate Student Services Manager, the Undergraduate Re-entry Specialist is responsible for creating a supportive environment that promotes student satisfaction and retention through the development of on-going support while building relationships with re-entry students.
1. Provide an informative experience for our returning undergraduate online students through a proactive approach via telephone, email and other methods of outreach.
2. Proactively assist re-entry students with questions regarding degree requirements, programs, policies and procedures, financial assistance programs, transfer credit assessment, pre-registration and general university policies.
3. Build rapport with re-entry students by helping them define their objectives, and assessing re-entry students for fit with program.
4. Ensure re-entry students have a solid understanding of the time commitment, technology, and skills required to be a successful online learner.
5. Proactively facilitate a smooth transition between Re-entry Specialist and Student Advisor to provide a successful onboarding experience for re-entry students.
6. Maintain outstanding attention to detail and follow-through.
7. Meet and exceed quality student service interaction guidelines to ensure student retention and University standards of excellence.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Undergraduate Student Services Manager.
1. One to three years’ experience within a higher education setting.
2. Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment.
2. Superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to engage with a variety of constituents (current students, alumni, faculty, etc.) from many different cultural backgrounds.
4. Superior organizational skills; ability to execute multiple objectives concurrently.
5. Ability to research and problem solve potential roadblocks preventing students from returning to school.
6. Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
7. Proficiency with MS office and managing student databases required.
8. Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required
Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution; demonstrated success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.