Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/2/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position serves to bridge the Center for Visual Art and its constituents both within MSU Denver and the greater Denver Arts and Culture Community. The Communications and Event Coordinator will promote exhibitions and events at the CVA to increase the visibility and participation. The CVA hosts award winning exhibitions and engaging programs for MSU Denver students as well as the greater Denver arts community. The Coordinator will ensure a thriving audience by sustaining ongoing web, print and social media presence, with high caliber promotional materials and engaging advertising campaigns.
Internal (MSU Denver) and External Promotion of CVA exhibitions and events through:
1. Development of a comprehensive marketing plan in collaboration with CVA staff
2. Development and coordination of marketing collateral for exhibitions, events, education programing and fundraising including: announcement cards, press releases, brochures, catalogs, advertising, signage, etc.
3. Management of press inquiries, social media, web content, community calendar listings, newsletters, grassroots marketing, mailing lists, etc.
4. Analyze media opportunities, track ROI and liaise with MSU Denver Marketing and Communications to coordinate advertising efforts
5. Document and archive exhibitions and events. Track and archive all press and advertising. Record and maintain records of attendance.
6. Attend CVA events including First and Third Fridays, exhibition openings and events. Represent CVA at other community events.
7. Attend monthly community meetings (Visit Denver, Art District Santa Fe, etc) to promote the CVA and ensure CVA participation in the local, and regional arts and culture landscape.
8. Manage private events from request to execution including coordinating promotion, production and catering.
9. Support CVA staff in gallery related events and programs.
Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 5 years of professional experience in marketing or related field. Experience working with diverse constituents on a product, program, or service.
Demonstrated understanding of contemporary art and experience working in the art field strongly preferred. Graphic design experience preferred. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Must be a compelling and effective storyteller who pays attention to deadlines and details. Ability to work evening and weekend hours on occasion or as needed. Strong organizational skills.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.