Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/1/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Conference Bureau provides services to University departments and outside organizations wishing to host programs at Tufts. The Conference Bureau provides business, industry, government, and professional organizations with individualized conference services which include: arranging meeting spaces, arranging for audio/visual needs, managing the conference registration process, arranging housing, meals and functions, planning tours and special events, and providing on-site conference management. Residential services are available in dormitories during the summer months, at which time the Conference Bureau is open 24 hours per day, seven days per week to provide conference support, information, and security for the conference participants and guests.
The Budget and Program Coordinator maintains financial systems for program managers, coordinators, and registrars. The Budget and Program Coordinator:
• Handles responsibility for the implementation of all accounting and financial tracking systems;
• Verifies and reviews source documents for accuracy (dept ids, accounts, program codes, amounts, etc.);
• Implements procedures for accounts payable and receivable, billing, deposits, and other accounting related tasks;
• Handles responsibility for re-billing or other follow up on overdue accounts;
• Develops and maintains accurate fiscal records and prepares summary reports from such data;
• Investigates status of accounts receivable and payable; researches and resolves discrepancies; contributes to formulation of department budgets and other accounting reports;
• Approves Purchasing card transactions;
• Consults with other departments during system or procedural changes to insure that information continues to be collected and reported in a consistent manner with Conference Bureau procedures;
• Collaborates with Summer Session staff on systems revisions and makes recommendations;
• Trains Conference Bureau professional and student staff to utilize established systems; extensively trains the Budget Office Assistant;
• Will at times supervise students for compilation of financial transaction data from source documents and reconciliation of PeopleSoft reports.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of one (1) year of related experience
• Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, database input/management (Quickbooks)
• Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs during conference implementations and the summer office move
More than one (1) year of related experience is preferred. Some E-commerce experience is highly desirable.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Occasional nights and weekends. Occasional on-call. Intensive, busy time from April - August. Vacations cannot be taken during the summer months.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zx3rw38
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.