Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/8/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under supervision of the department director and scheduling coordinator, and in cooperation with academic departments, assists in the production of schedules for credit courses. This position performs a variety of office support duties, including complex data entry, establishing and maintaining accurate records, and independently researching, resolving and responding to all inquiries.
1.Analyze all course sections for accurate coding. Maintain data based on NWCCU accreditation standards, Institutional Research & Information guidelines, UVU policies, approved curriculum modifications, and academic department requests. The maintenance of existing sections (and addition of new sections) includes, but is not limited to:
- researching and applying curriculum changes to line level;
- calculating min/max contact hour requirements based on credit ratio, part of term (# of weeks), and day/time patterns used to meet NWCCU accreditation standards;
- comparing Schedule Type and Instructional Method code combinations used to meet IRI and state requirements;
- researching and combining cross-listed sections to meet curriculum requirements;
- researching and applying course fees coding (course/lab, lab access, software and tool), and special tuition / fees (as approved by Course Fee Committee and Budget Office);
- researching and applying degree program attribute codes (including Essential Learning Outcomes (ELO), Structured Enrollment, Learning Communities, etc.), program restrictions, field of study restrictions, etc.;
- enforcing enrollment limits based on classroom specifications, section pairings, UVU guidelines and Utah State Public Safety laws;
- enforcing standard day/time patterns as directed by UVU President;
- facilitating student and faculty accommodations as requested by UVU's Accessibility Services office; and
- coordinating all requested post-registration changes with the Registrar and Budget offices (which may include un-enrolling and re-enrolling students).
2. Review SunGard (Banner) and CollegeNet (R25) documentation for software upgrades. Complete all Academic Scheduling test scripts. Report findings to Coordinator prior to IT implementation dates.
3. Assist the Scheduling Coordinator with the analysis and reporting of:
- semester course section roll process
- semester room scheduling process
- semester course / lab fee updates
- space utilization and optimization
- annual classroom / lab specifications audit
- annual project plans
4. Assist with the progression and implementation of department procedures as needed to support university processes and reporting needs. Train assigned personnel on Academic Scheduling policies and procedures. Maintain accurate scheduling and course fee filing systems, including electronic and paper records.
5. Exercise professional, clear and effective communication skills (verbal and written) in English. Foster open, positive, flexible, and progressive relationships with all academic departments, special programs (concurrent enrollment, distance education, etc.) and partnered offices (Registrar, Budget, Facilities, Accessibility Services, Institutional Research & Information, etc.).
6. Perform routine administrative tasks and other job related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.