Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/23/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point College of Natural Resources (CNR) is seeking a full-time (9-month), tenure track faculty member who will have a 100% teaching appointment in the Human Dimensions of Natural Resource Management (HDNRM) Discipline. As a faculty member of the UW-Stevens Point CNR, the candidate has responsibilities for undergraduate teaching focused on civic engagement in natural resource planning, policy, public participation, and public relations. The candidate is expected to teach 12 credits per semester. The bulk of the course load includes courses focused on natural resource communication and public relations, one focused on planning and policy, and one introducing first-year students to natural resources. The candidate is responsible for advising students in the Natural Resource Planning option. The position reports directly to the Dean of the College. Opportunities exist for involvement in research, outreach, graduate student advising, and international programs to meet University scholarship and service requirements. Experience in and desire to work with diverse populations of learners and stakeholders is preferred. The successful candidate may be given the opportunity to teach a course related to Human Dimensions of Natural Resource Management during the Summer Field Experience program.
- Candidates should have or be near completion of a Ph.D. or J.D. or other appropriate doctoral degree in planning, environmental policy/law, natural resource communication, landscape ecology, forestry, agriculture, or related field. The doctoral degree is required prior to the second retention decision.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a different but relevant discipline is preferred, such as natural resources paired with planning or policy.
- An interdisciplinary social science background and/or experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to support stakeholder driven resource management would be highly valued.
- Candidates are required to have relevant experience or education and a demonstrated understanding of natural resource communication, policy, public participation and civic engagement.
- Candidates with experience teaching undergraduate students and a strong record of student evaluations are desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Appointment Date: August 24, 2015
Terms of Employment: This is an Assistant or Associate Professor, tenure track, full-time (9 month) position. Salary is commensurate with education and professional experience.
To Apply: Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked question (FAQs): Apply Online FAQs (PDF format)
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Submission in pdf format is preferred for all attachments. Please include the following documents:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly interests
- Unofficial transcripts of academic work showing degrees
Official transcripts will be required at time of hire
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee. Upon submitting your application material a confirmation e-mail will be sent.
For additional information regarding the position, please call or email:
Chair, Search & Screen Committee
If you have any questions regarding the application process, need special arrangements, or if you submitted your application with missing materials, please call or email:
Tom Bertram, Human Resources
Deadline: Screening begins on February 23, 2015, and will continue until the position is filled
The University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disability Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identities of “final candidates” must be revealed upon request. According to the Attorney General, “final candidates” under Wisconsin law means the five candidates who are considered most qualified for the position. See Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
Employment will require a criminal background check.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.