Detailed Job Description
The Senior Director of Development will help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Farmer School of Business.
- Implement and direct a comprehensive development program for the Farmer School of Business in response to its annual fundraising goals and initiatives. Manage and develop strategies for all prospects of the Farmer School of Business. Manage, evaluate and direct all development staff assigned to work for the Farmer School of Business.
- Identify, cultivate, and personally solicit alumni, parents and friends of Miami University for gifts of $100,000 and above. Manage an exclusive portfolio of approximately 125-150 individual prospects.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faculty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement, thereby serving as the principal departmental liaison for the Farmer School of Business in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives.
- Bachelor's degree; minimum of five to seven years fundraising or comparable sales, marketing, or corporate experience; demonstrated level of leadership and management; outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Advanced degree and fundraising experience in an educational environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.